Quote Originally Posted by doowroh View Post
Blackbeard,

I’d like to PM you, but I think you need a minimum number of posts first. I’m trying to gather as many serial numbers as I can, so if you can somehow get me your serial number, I’d appreciate it greatly (PM or post, your call). I’m also trying to get a hold of the OP, but it seems that he hasn’t posted other than in this post.

As for your troubles with the sight picture, does your Scout rail have a scallop/groove down the length of it?? I’ve seen some of the older models are pretty much a standard rail, but mine has a groove that runs down the length of it to give a little more relief with the sight picture.

I’m going to be in touch with Savage (Canada) in a few days. I’ll report back with what’s happening.
doowroh, not a problem regarding my serial number. It is K941214.

My rifle does not have a channel/groove in the picatinny rail to provide relief for the sight picture. That's interesting that some do and some don't.

I did just put a red dot on it as an interim solution - I was wrong about optics never having been mounted on it. Someone definitely did mount something on it in the past.