Thread: Help please, case neck sticking on chamber edge when closing bolt. Poorly drawn pic.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    doodedge

Help please, case neck sticking on chamber edge when closing bolt. Poorly drawn pic.

Hey guys, I've found that when the bolt pushes the round to the point the magazine lips release it, the back side springs up to the top of the bolt above the grove the head should sit in, and the case neck catches while going into the chamber. If I close the bolt slowly it doesnt do this but when cycling it at a moderate speed they catch pretty much every time.

I just have to release pressure off the bolt to let the case head fall back into place then it closes fine.

I have CDI* bottom metal in a boyds stock.

EDIT:
    So I found that the bullet head is catching on the ejection pin. The pin doesn't actually protrude from the recess in the bold face but when the bullet is at the angle in the picture its just enough for the bottom of the head to catch on the ejection pin.

So the bullet head catches the pin and the shoulder catches on the chamber. I've never taken the pin out, it compresses just fine and ejects fine. Any one know whats up?

EDIT/SOLUTION: Fixed. Took my dremel grinding wheel to my ejector pin. Filed it to just about even, or maybe a touch under the lower beveled edge of the bolt face then rounded it off. Feeds smooth as butter now.

Thanks every one for the input.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this from any one would be appreciated.
    Last edited by doodedge; 01-13-2016 at 03:51 PM.