Thread: Savage Axis Heavy Barrel

Gunmonkey

Savage Axis Heavy Barrel

I am looking at the Axis heavy barrel in 22-250 for coyote control. Maybe a Redfield Revenge 3-9x42 with Talley Lightweight mounts. My FFL dealer gives great deals and the whole setup will come in under $500. I have read lots of reviews with complaints about its flemsy stock and tough trigger, it doesn't come with the accutrigger. But, according to one review where it was fired by an Army sniper, the accuracy was sub moa and better than other rifles that cost a lot more.

I will probably lighten the trigger by polishing, and maybe removing a spring coil. I don't plan to replace the stock, unless it really effects accuracy.

Does this sound like a good setup. Ammo cost isn't a problem since I hand load.

Team Savage
    why not ? you can get replacement triggers for it..If you like the stock,then by
    all means go for it..Not everyone can afford a high dollar rifle..I know,I can't
    so I go with what I can afford and still eat..

M.RAYVAN

Thumbs Up Axis hb 22-250

I just bought one 2 months ago I found advertized as a 1-9 twist. Well I called Savage and they told me the in 1-12 twist and no other so some false advertizement is out there but i am very happy with it . I was hoping to shoot some heavier loads but this rifle is very accurate at 100 yards sub moa less that a inch with 55gr Hornady v-max VERY IMPRESSED Nikon 4.5-18x40 ProStaff 5 Riflescope well worth the money , timley trigger is needed. For a base try this http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-m...se-system.html Hope you enjoy it