Thread: Savage axis 264 dollars + 50 dollar rebate = one heck of a deal

Basic Member

Savage axis 264 dollars + 50 dollar rebate = one heck of a deal

In my latest browsing I found on cheaper than dirt that they have axis's on sale for 264 dollars. Couple that with the 50 dollar rebate that savage is offering and u get a brand new tack driver for 224 dollars. Just wanted to share for anyone interested in buying one of these babies

Basic Member
    My bad. Math is off today. 214 dollars

That's a pretty darn good deal. Shipping included? It'd be smart to get one...or another one...or maybe a few more before people realize what a deal they are. I don't buy from CTD anymore, but I'll be looking for a good price to take advantage of that rebate.

Basic Member
    Free shipping.

First of this month, I dropped in to Academy. They had their black axis on sale for $259 (still do on-line). Didn't even know about the rebate, at first. Knowing the Camo Axis, which I had been lusting for, regularly sells for $359, I asked if they had one and "how much is it on sale for?" Guy finds the only one left, hits it with the computer wand and shows me--$259! I said, "Sold!". With a wide-eyed, deer-in-the-headlights look, he said, "There must be some mistake". Swiped it two more times, even hand-plugged in the numbers and it still came up $259. With job security uppermost in his mind, he calls over the manager, who says.."What the hell", let it go for that. So... it was a no state sales tax weekend; I found an old Academy gift card in my wallet with $4.58 left on it; Savage had just implemented its first rebate--What else could I do? A message from God, right?

Basic Member
    Thanks for pointing this out! I found a HB for $330... don't mind if I do! Going to get it cut to 16" and threaded for a suppressor I'm waiting on. Should be a fun little thing. I always liked the look of the shorty bull barrels.

Basic Member
    I bought an Axis at Dick's today in .223 rem. $229.00 with the rebate works for me. I can't wait to get this rifle to the range.

Academy Sports has the bare Axis rifles priced at 259.99, so with the rebate you're looking at 209 plus tax. No FFL fees or anything either.

I got an Axis .308 HB coming from Buds for $310-I could not not find the HB anywhere else. I'll be @ $280 after my FFL fee and rebate.
    The Weaver base was $18 one Ebay-I may go with the Primary Arms FFP Scope since they are down the street-hoping for the 600ish
    budget target/hunting rifle.

Basic Member
    Dropped a dime on the AXIS SR from GrabAGun for $270 shippped. Threaded barrel was a nice bonus.

On my way to get some mags now... I think I found some locally for $33, so I'll pick up 3 and have them converted to 10rd units using G3 mags.
    (I got an angle grinder, cut off wheel, and a 120v spot welder collecting dust)