Thread: .223 ordered

lopeha

.223 ordered

Finally took the plunge & ordered a lefty in .223. Hope to have it next weekend. Have a Weaver Nitrex 3x9-42 scope on the way. Will get it shot in & start saving for a Boyd's stock. Priced the one I'd like to get & it would be about $400. May have to not go so fancy. Still trying to decide whether to do the trigger mod or just get an accutrigger take off from SSS.

n4ue
    Iffn' I were you, I'd do the $1 trigger job since it's reverseable. If you are unhappy, spring for the Accutrigger.
    I have both and I much prefer the modified stock trigger. But that's just my opinion.......

ron

lopeha
    Always looking for tips from folks who have the experience.

lopeha
    Picked it up last night! Will work on setting it up this afternoon. Have a Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42 scope to mount on it. Trying to decide which Boyd's stock to put on it - Classic or Prairie Hunter. Sure like the looks of the Nutmeg color! Will post a pic or two when I get the build done.

lopeha
    An afterthought - Would getting a SSS recoil lug be a good investment to put into the Boyd's stock?

Recoil lugs don't do anything
    The trigger is like 8 lbs or something, the spring is really stiff. Read about spring replacement using an ace hardware spring.

lopeha
    I have been looking at the thread about the spring. Will do that after I shoot it in a bit. Thanks for the info about the recoil lug. How about "bedding" in the stock. As you can tell I'm a newbie at most of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lopeha View Post
    An afterthought - Would getting a SSS recoil lug be a good investment to put into the Boyd's stock?
    Can't put an SSS (or any other brand) recoil lug on an Axis unless you pull the barrel and machine the face of the action back so it's flat all the way around.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain