Ok guys, your thinking would be appreciated.

One way or another I'm moving in the direction of an Axis .223......what I need is a bare bones Axis. The scope and rings on an XP package I pretty much consider throw away.

My choices:

1. A used Axis XP combo w/ 100 rounds of 65gr ammo priced at $239. (seller claims condition 97 out of 100)

2. A new Axis w/ the factory 1 year first owner warranty:
Still waiting on a quote from Basspro and Big 5. I expect Basspro to come in between $299 and $320 tops and probably Big 5 will come in at $320 to $330, but the difference will easily be made up in the distance traveled.

The seller offered multiple guns for sale so maybe he's not offing the Axis because it is a lemon.

$100+ saving tugs on one side of me and a fresh barrel w/ factory warranty tugs on the other. I'm not loaded but I can afford not to make a bad decision.

Just how badly can someone screw up an Axis with what appears to be limited rounds?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Rimfix.

P.S. I have no problems w/ pillar bedding, glass bedding, forend stiffening, trigger springs and sear polishing....I'm one of those guys that enjoys making my tools function.....it will happen, so before long the only reversibility for factory warranty would be to put the factory trigger spring back in.