Thread: 110 Axis with a 6.8 Western barrel

110 Axis with a 6.8 Western barrel

I am new to Savage but I want to eventually build a 110 with a 6.8 Western barrel my question is what size receiver should I get. I most likely would purchase an Axis II rifle in a different cal. and later get a 6.8 barrel .

Banned
    All the Axis Actions are the same length. They are determined Short/Long action by orientation of the front bolt baffle, stock inlet & internal box.
    https://jaoutdoors.com/product/savag...ripped-action/

Just a thought. What is it you are looking to do? Are you aware the 6.8Western is a shortened 270 WSM case with the same shoulder. It even uses the same .277” bullets. It’s taking the same philosophy as the 6.5CM… to that a shorter case allows the bullet to be loaded longer. They are banking on peoples ignorance that this can also be done with other cartridges. The point of the 6.5CM was the ability to load longer bullets & still fit in a short action magazine. If you aren’t worried about the magazine, go with the 270wsm. Longer case, more powder.

I only ask & point this out because you are talking about building. If you are building, I hope you are are also reloading. In this case, there is no reason to limit yourself in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    All the Axis Actions are the same length. They are determined Short/Long action by orientation of the front bolt baffle, stock inlet & internal box.
    https://jaoutdoors.com/product/savag...ripped-action/

Just a thought. What is it you are looking to do? Are you aware the 6.8Western is a shortened 270 WSM case with the same shoulder. It even uses the same .277” bullets. It’s taking the same philosophy as the 6.5CM… to that a shorter case allows the bullet to be loaded longer. They are banking on peoples ignorance that this can also be done with other cartridges. The point of the 6.5CM was the ability to load longer bullets & still fit in a short action magazine. If you aren’t worried about the magazine, go with the 270wsm. Longer case, more powder.

I only ask & point this out because you are talking about building. If you are building, I hope you are are also reloading. In this case, there is no reason to limit yourself in any way.
    David thanks for the information. I will look at the 270 WSM. I plan to re,oad for what every way I go.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk