Thread: Where to buy savage bottom metal

Where to buy savage bottom metal

I have a savage 12fv 223 and I like the rifle it shoots awesome but I am growing very tired of the blind magazine setup. Where is the best place to buy savage factory bottom metal and a magazine? I would like to change stocks but don’t want blind magazine anymore.

Shameless plug but if someone has one to sell let me know.

Thanks

Basic Member
    I believe this question has surfaced many, many times, and I think the easiest way is to use the search function. You will probably find countless threads discussing this.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworksstore...-bottom-metal/

I believe one of the configurations will fit (I could be wrong). Give them a call they are very helpful.

Team Savage
    Call Savage Arms with your rifle SN to order the OEM parts to convert to a DBM stock. You will need a metal top bolt release trigger guard, a matching DBM frame assembly (surround) and a metal DBM magazine cap. You will also need the short DBM front action screw. Your current metal magazine box and follower snap onto the DBM magazine cap. For more information: http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial.

The Savage OEM parts are a little cheaper than other aftermarket alternatives. It also allows use of the DBM single shot ramp called the "Fred Sled" available from Sharp Shooter Supply. If you want to use higher capacity AR-style mags, then other aftermarket bottom metal suppliers as mentioned above are the way to go.

Basic Member
    Could also purchase a membership to the forum and post a "want to buy" thread in the classifieds. I am sure something would turn up pretty quickly for you!

CDI
    Accurate Mag
    PTG

Then get a MDT 223 aics pattern magazine. they fit right in. I'm sure some of the other mfg's also make a 223 magazine for aics bottom metal.

Action screw spacing is important to verify.

If you go to a chassis, the MDT chassis fit both short action screw spacing, no need to be specific. Other stock and chassis mfg's need to know the action screw spacing.

First thing to do is read this FAQ page... and search the site and forum a little to learn what works and what doesn't with regards to what you have.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...3-savage-faq-s