Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WD-40

Banned

WD-40

That would be water displacing 40 have used as long as i have had a gun. after cleaning with bore cleaner etc. spray whole gun down including trigger assembly bolt etc wipe down stand on a rag for a bit wipe down again then restock and put up for storage never had a rust spot one very good process. cheers.

Basic Member
    Just remember, Water Displacement formula 40 is NOT a lubricant. Nor is it a treatment for arthritis.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Don't tell the manufacture its not a lubricant got to go my fingers hurt from typing.

Team Savage
    WD 40 is THE BEST for cleaning muzzleloaders. Hot soapy water, followed by a good hose down with WD. Drives out any moisture.
    THEN , hose down with just about any good gun oil before being put away for storage.
    I use it on all my Savage rigs. A good wipe down followed by a good gun oil.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Banned
    I agree my CVA 50 cal is over 20 years old and never had a spot on it or in the bore most i look at have rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman#1 View Post
    Don't tell the manufacture its not a lubricant got to go my fingers hurt from typing.
    I can melt crisco shortening and call it a lubricant also. Take a small bottle put 75 percent wd-40 in it. The rest water, shake it hard for 5 seconds. Your opinion of a WD40 will wane. Try it before you bark.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I like WD-40 for cleaning gummy adhesive residue off of packaging I'm repurposing. That's about it.

Banned
    you go ahead and use crisco on your rifle then make a bacon fork out of it after you ruin it always someone wd's great for sticker residue and guns.

It is the best rust preventative? OK. As lubricant not so much.

out.

Banned
    I take that back you might be on to something. TC's Bore Butter is all natural? test it and figure out the real formula. could be beaver fat or something similar to Crisco anyway love that stuff . will use it as long as they still make it. good day.

Funny you signed up right after 99 K 3030. Why did he stop posting? This is your MO on 24 hour Campfire. Say stupid crap to draw an arguments.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCE1 View Post
    I like WD-40 for cleaning gummy adhesive residue off of packaging I'm repurposing. That's about it.
    Some guys say it will increase the catch when sprayed on trolling lures.
    I’ll take their word on that.

Banned
    that will work! my bass tournament buddies used it for a while. but with the environmental issues it didn't last long.

Banned
    Look below.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Funny you signed up right after 99 K 3030. Why did he stop posting? This is your MO on 24 hour Campfire. Say stupid crap to draw an arguments.
    Hey Robin, not by any chance THIS guy, is it?

I've used WD-40 to chase water off rain and snow saturated guns. And after you bring a gun that's been out in 15 degree temps all day into a 70 degree house to clear off the condensation.

But the last thing I use after cleaning is Barricade or CLP as a rust-preventative coating. Lasts and protects.

For any of them I do not care for the aerosol. WD-40 I get in a gallon can and transfer to a squirt bottle, and the others as liquid.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Hey Robin, not by any chance THIS guy, is it?

Looks like it might be. We know his style as he was booted off of 24hrcf many times for the same thing. He cant help himself. Truth be told, he can be a nice guy but he is lonely and bitter.

Basic Member
    Pretty nice speed goat though, hunts for those as a rule dont last very long, and chances are good theres a vehicle very close to the camera operator.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    I've used WD-40 to chase water off rain and snow saturated guns. And after you bring a gun that's been out in 15 degree temps all day into a 70 degree house to clear off the condensation.

But the last thing I use after cleaning is Barricade or CLP as a rust-preventative coating. Lasts and protects.

For any of them I do not care for the aerosol. WD-40 I get in a gallon can and transfer to a squirt bottle, and the others as liquid.
    We find that once the guns and optics especially get acclimated to the cold, its just best to leave them in vehicles rather than bring them inside.
    Wet equipment of coarse would be a different situation.

Team Savage
    Remember early one spring morning, going to the range and my shooting buddy pulling a rifle out of a Cheap Skin Case. Looked like it was raining. Grabbed the WD and hosed it down real good and wiped off the excess. Have seen folks spray electrical connections to drive out moisture. Only problem I've seen from using WD is it'll get gummy if left on for any length of time. A good wipe down and re oil with a good gun oil usually cures that problem.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Banned
    Yes no doubt leave your guns out during your hunt. not in and out from hot to cold clean and oil well when home Is he wearing Tennis shoes bet he ran along beside that one to shoot it. ( O first Web sight or social media experience ) some parts i like some i don't. Another little bit WD has never gummed up to my knowledge and have used it for around 40 years.(now don't whip me for that comment)

Sometimes you put a test indicator on a part to make sure your datums or truth bands are still running true. Especially in an Id or OD grinder. It never fails that some coolant will get into it at one time or another. It is then when trying to clean the gunk out you learn what will leave a residue and what wont. Cigarette lighter fluid worked good but LPS, WD 40 and many more leave behind gunk after a while. The penetrating fluids worked well also.

Basic Member
    Yes no doubt leave your guns out during your hunt. not in and out from hot to cold clean and oil well when home Is he wearing Tennis shoes bet he ran along beside that one to shoot it. ( O first Web sight or social media experience ) some parts i like some i don't. Another little bit WD has never gummed up to my knowledge and have used it for around 40 years.(now don't whip me for that comment)
    For sure with the casual dress it wasent intended as a walking around type hunt situation.
    But i wouldnt go so far as saying it was taken out the truck window.
    Leaning across the hood? probably. lol

Banned
    Thought he might have speared it and the rifle was a souvenir.
    and for WD like i have said used for years throughout the year on my guns while in the cabinet never had any gunk residue etc (might be possible in a extreme heat or dirty situation such as machine work or a industrial setting we were talking about a rust preventive and water displacer for firearms.

Thought he might have speared it and the rifle was a souvenir.
    and for WD like i have said used for years throughout the year on my guns while in the cabinet never had any gunk residue etc (might be possible in a extreme heat or dirty situation such as machine work or a industrial setting we were talking about a rust preventive and water displacer for firearms.

Some firearms are made from metal and have mechanical assemblies like bolts and triggers. Possibly in the desert it really does not matter anyway. You know, where Kroil strips copper.

It is best I put you on ignore. You are much more skilled at being a fool than I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast