Thread: Cutting a Tupperware Stock

Team Savage

Cutting a Tupperware Stock

Is there any way to shorten a tupperware stock? Or do I look for a used Youth Model?

Bill

I have done it before and it came out looking good, but I had to use a slip on butt pad held in place by rubber cement. Measure twice and cut once and when finished I used an old tee shirt cut up and firmly placed inside the butt stock to absorb sound and vibration, slipped on the rubber slip on pad ( I used size small) and a little rubber cement to hold everything together. I used a miter saw to cut it down. Just remember if you use a slip on pad that it will add about 1" to your LOP so factor that in to your measurements. I cut mine to a 12 3/4" LOP.

Team Savage
    Thanks, that is about what I expected.

Basic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shortened tupperware.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	6204
    Here's a .223 in a LA put together for my grand daughter.
    Tupperware is wrapped with camo tape. I believe it was shortened almost 2", and the slip on boot gave an inch back ad mentioned above.

Basic Member
    You coud also cut the stock and then inlet a fill piece to make the rear solid enough for a standard recoil pad. Some of the ultra high density PU would work. Or, fill it with resin/fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I had my model 111 trophy hunter 6.5 creedmoor cut down by a gunsmith to 12.5 length of pull with a limb saver pad, looks like factory installed no need to use a slip on pad, cost less than $70

Basic Member
    I cut an inch off a Stevens 200 last year for my grandson used a bandsaw I had to sand the recoil pad to fit inside the stock then did a little sanding on the outside for a flush finish. It even had enough of the tab left for the screws. Only thing I had to move was the strap screw, a little epoxy in the hole. Painted the stock camouflage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minooka View Post
    I had my model 111 trophy hunter 6.5 creedmoor cut down by a gunsmith to 12.5 length of pull with a limb saver pad, looks like factory installed no need to use a slip on pad, cost less than $70
    Hey Minooka, got any pics of this?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minooka View Post
    I’d like to see pics as well

Banned
    Dont know how to send pictures use your imagination it looks just like a youth model but it has a 22 inch barrel

Wanted to do the same thing with my Winchester Defender. Shorten LOP and then mount new recoil pad. Took it to my local gunsmith and got a resounding 'negative' for an answer. Took him at his word.