Thread: Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger

Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger

I just put a Sav-1 trigger in one of my short actions and it is all right so far except the safety. The safety lost the second notch where you could lift the bolt and not fire the trigger. I thought maybe it had to do with adjustment of the safety screw. Can anyone who has installed one save me some time with a fix or is that the way it is? The safety works fine and I have done several drop tests . I like the Sav-1 but it really isn't a whole lot better than I had the factory trigger with a lighter wire and some polishing.

Gordon

Re: Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger

By the amount of views and no response I must be the only one to have had this trouble! ;D I just adjusted the safety screw a little tighter and it took care of it . There is not much room there only about 1/8 of a turn or less to make the difference.

Samdweezel05

I had a sav-1 and I agree that it's better than a stock trigger but nothing to really wright home about. Now the Sav-2 on the other hand.......

Quote Originally Posted by Samdweezel05
    I had a sav-1 and I agree that it's better than a stock trigger but nothing to really wright home about. Now the Sav-2 on the other hand.......
    Phil I almost wish I had kept my factory trigger. The only thing real better about this one is the over travel adjustment. I guess I should be fair and give it a chance as I have only fired a dozen or so shot s from it. I think when I get the coins saved up again I will get a SSS or Sav-2 trigger for it.

I do like the Medalist stock I just put on it though, even if it is a little closer on the one side of the forend than the other. It is still free floated though and I had to Dremel some out under the rear to float it.

Gordon

Samdweezel05

You really can't knock a well adjusted 3 screw savage trigger. The one on my .22-250 is almost perfect.

Uncle Jack

".....You really can't knock a well adjusted 3 screw savage trigger."

I could not agree more.

uj

DGD6MM

Where do you get a 3 screw trigger?

Basic Member

I have a couple Savage 3 screw triggers, they were cheap and work great, no doubt.

Problem is they don't make Savage 3 screw triggers anymore, that's where the Rifle Basix Sav-1 come in.

So either you find someone that has a bunch of old Savages to get 3 screw triggers from like Northlander or SSS, or you buy one of the other Savage aftermarket triggers.

The Rifle Basix Sav-1 is an ok trigger, the SSS is a better trigger as is the Rifle Basix Sav-2.