Thread: Accustock replacement options

groaner71

Accustock replacement options

I have an FCP-K with a DBM and accustock. I was looking to see which options I have to replace the stock. I am hoping to find something like the hs tactical. I've searched, but can't find any current info. I've heard that choate makes one, but had fit issues. Is this true?

airaddict

Re: Accustock replacement options

i talked to boyds and stockys about that very subject since i too have an accustock model 16. They said since savage makes like 5 diff trigger guards they try to inlet to roughly fit all of them with little or no work being needed but they said some may need a little sanding to get it to drop in at the trigger guard. I would rather have a nice tight fit than loose and sloppy!

Both stock makers carry stocks that fit the newer accustock actions but i mostly was looking into laminates, give them an email and see what they can recommend along the lines of what your looking for. Boyds is cheaper and they said although they dont have them listed theirs do fit the centerfeed and 4.41" action screws. all are blind mag.

brian

Basic Member

I'm curious as to why the Accustock was unsatisfactory.

airaddict

5wire,

I dont consider the accustock unsatisfactory, i like mine. it was very accurate with my factory barrel. in the 1 moa range consistantly which i see as pretty good for off the self. i recently upgraded to a mcgowan barrel and hope it will be done real soon so i can put this rifle back together and try it out with a true precision barrel.

But......i also like laminates a little more than synthetics. they feel warmer and i like the way thumbholes give you additional control when shooting offhand and help dissipate recoil. Thats why i wouldnt mind selling mine in order to get a laminate but worse come to worse ill save up and buy a laminate and bed it before hunting season come november.

brian

PBinWA

CDI Precision has bottom metal that will work with most stocks as long as the bolt spacing is correct, but you may have to do some extra inletting:

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/...ck_models.html

[img width=600 height=364]http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/imagebrowser/ib_p013_0_3.jpg[/img]

I have an XLR Industries stock for my 110 FCP-K and it works with the bottom bolt release:

http://www.xlrindustries.com/

[img width=600 height=399]http://www.xlrindustries.com/tan_014mod_op_800x533.jpg[/img]

groaner71

Thanks for the replies. I have to say that XLR chassis looks freakin HOT!!! How does the rifle shoot with the chassis? Do you have a full pic?

PBinWA

Honestly, I haven't shot it since I got it. The weather has been sucking bad and I have been swamped with work. Mine's a long action 110 FCP-K but I think it looks pretty good.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/PBinWA/P1040199.jpg[/img]

I spoke with Fred Choate about this and one stock is designed to fit the 10 series with the detachable magazine and bottom bolt release. Its the Tactical 25-06-01. The Tactical stock has a full length bedding block, adjustable spacer system to adjust the length of pull, rail on bottom of forend to attach a bipod and sling swivels on both sides. This stock takes the Savage factory Detachable magazine actions with action screw spacing of 4.410 center to center of the action screws.

If I could justify the cost of an XLR though..........That is an awesome setup.