Thread: Burris Fullfield or Votex

nuclabuyer

Burris Fullfield or Votex

I recently sold a gun to a member on this forum but when the gun showed up the scope was cloudy. There is a dent in the tube from the super duper ruger rings that came with it. The scope has been fine but upon arrive he reports that the scope is cloudy
    so I am looking for some to replace it with. I am not trying to cheap out on him, looking for a scope that is honestly comparable to a fullfield II.

How comparable is a Burris Fullfield II to a Vortex Crossfire. I am looking at the deal from SWFA for 6-24 as opposed to the 4.5-14 Burris. I dont want to compare power, just clarity and reliabilty.
    Also I have read alot about Millet Buck Gold, how comparable is the optics to a Fullfield.

Re: Burris Fullfield or Votex

I have no experience with the Millett Buck Gold but have/do use the Crossfire and am happy with it. Vortex has a no BS warranty and it truely IS no BS.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

goatboy

I have the Millet Buck Gold 4-16x56 30mm and "had" a Buck Gold 3.5-10x50 1". I used the 4-16x56 on a BVSS 22-250 and haven't had any problems with it. The glass was OK. The 3.5-10x50 was alright but was just not as clear as my Burris FFII. I don't have any experience with the Crossfire but do have a Viper PST and love it. Like GaCop said, their warranty and customer service are awesome. If you aren't happy, they aren't happy. I would go with the Crossfire.

Basic Member

If you are going to replace the scope for him i would go with the Vortex as the warranty is not who bought it but who has it. Lifetime and transferable without any keeping up with the receipt or paperwork. If that doesn't make him happy nothing will. Also Vortex makes a really good scope for the money.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

powderburn

I recently traded a pentax pioneer 4.5-14 x42which is really just a rebadged Burris to SWFA and it is currently listed on their sample list for $179 which is a pretty decent price for one of those. It is about 6mo old and was pretty much a safe queen . It is in really nice shape unless it was subsequently damaged after I sent it off which I doubt.

nuclabuyer

After all the looking that I did, I found that the Burris FFII is a pretty good deal. I found a new one at one of my favorite online shops. They sell them for less then you can buy a used one on ebay. So I just bought a new one and replaced it

Basic Member

well please tell where i am always changing scopes out on my rifles