Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please help the idiot....accuracy issue

chewcudda

Re: please help the idiot....accuracy issue

yes i will take a pic of crown( gott a charge the camera) but think i found the issue . the scope is fried. i tied the rifle to a heavy chair. sited it to a .5 inch letter O on a work bucket. turned the parelax knob. the cross hairs moved up as it increased the distance listed. turned the power knob. the cross hairs track in a circle. 4 power on the dead on. at 8 power i get high right. 12 i get high center. at 16 get high leftish. scope mounts are solid.

thanks for the help will update with more info after i go to cabelas tomorrow

chewy

jinx-)

there is something else you might wana try.... Myself I bore sight my rifles on the bird house in my yard, its about 35 yards from my window, so I would remove bolt and sight scope to the round entry to a bird house, by looking thorough barrel and adjusting scope accordingly, anyway that's me, this way I usually 2 - 4 off @ 100 yards. Then you can hit your rifle's buttplate on the floor imitating recoil, then look through the barrel and scope if you lost zero scope or bases or rings are no good....

Basic Member

I wouldn't trust any thing Cabela's mounts to a rifle!!! Last fall I helped a buddy get his new 700 ::) zeroed for hunting season. The "gun expert" told him it was laser bore sighted and would be very close to zero at 100yds. It was over 16" left and over 4" low at 100. I think they tightened the Leupy windage adj bases after bore sighting or some thing like that. After we took it apart and remounted, using the "look through the bore" method we had her dialed in in 5 shots.

Yup, I gotta like that orange stock!!! I am Team Orange all the way. I had a 110 FP 25'06 in a Boyds Varminter Thumbole in Desert(orange), but sadly let it go before I discovered barrel swaps! :'( :'( This is my 6.5X284 Norma. Has an orange bolt handle, and orange fluted bolt body, gawdy indeed!!! :D
    [img width=600 height=337]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad288/319Savage260/IMG_0432.jpg[/img]

chewcudda

took it to cabelas today. found ourt something. id you put the ring base on backwards it causes proplems...going to the range later this week to test if they are full of crap

chewy

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chewcudda
    took it to cabelas today. found ourt something. id you put the ring base on backwards it causes proplems...going to the range later this week to test if they are full of crap

chewy
    take plenty of toilet paper with ya. don't know how you can put standard lupy rings on backwards. Front twist in and back has groves for the windage adjustment screws. Me thinks they forgot to kiss ya afterwards.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member

Backwards or not if everythings tight a good scope will hold zero.

Damon

yup scope problem! but these kind of things dont just happen with less expensive scopes,i had the exact same thing happen to me with a $700 nikon monarch,sent it back,and it came back doing the same thing still,third time they fixed it.

chewcudda

me thinks they are full of crap as well giving them a try. if fails next rangetime(next two days) taking it back demanding replacement of scope and a chance to test fire on there " expert"

chewy

jinx-)

Don't forget to ask before any of the monkeys touch your rifle, for their qualifying gunsmith certificate. Demand manager and explanation, why they screwing with you, your time and your money!

chewcudda

I officially knew something was jacked when i asked my friend ot shoot it and he had same issue. he is a far better shot than me. if he had the same issue then it had ot be mechanical. will give you guys a updated range report once I have test fired it again.

chewy

jinx-)

You'll be surprised, sometimes it not optics or the rings or the shooter ;-) Once in a while someone pulls lemon slip, I had one before, 5 - 6" @ 100, at the end I let store owner take it with any scope his choice, shot exactly the same, it wasn't a Savage, other company made in Japan ;-)

chewcudda

ok update....
    finally got to go shooting today. after cabelas said they "fixed" the issue. same damn thing,
    took it back to cableas they apologized and gave me a discount on a "upgrade"

I am now the proud owner of a bushnell banner dawn and dusk scope.
    next weekend i will test again

chewy

groaner71

Glad to hear they took care of you. You will be happy with the upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12