Thread: Bushnell/Horus HDMR review..with pics

Basic Member

Bushnell/Horus HDMR review..with pics

I just picked up this optic today and can say this is an amazing optic. This is by far the best optic that I have ever owned.

For starters this optic has mil/mil reticle/knobs. The reticle is a Horus H58 reticle...some may find Horus reticles very busy, but let me tell you this thing is impressive. Horus reticles are designed for holdover shots, so the shooter does not need to dial elevation and more importantly windage. Considering wind changes all the time...by the time you make adjustments on the wind...the wind would have changed prior to your shot.

Horus reticle is very fast if you are shooting at unknown distances. I'll try to take some pictures of my new scope and post them. For now, here is the link to the optic.
    http://www.horusvision.com/hdmrh58.php

The glass is super clear on this and Bushnell/Horus has a winner in this optic.

Currently, you must be LE/military with current ID to purchase this optic...the price is over $600 below what Horus/Bushnell will charge to civilians when the optic is released to the general public in June.

The tube is 34mm and let me tell you, this optic is MASSIVE. It only came with a sunshade. I ordered a set of Seekins 34mm rings (not cheap but massive and well built).

I will be replacing my SS16X with this optic on my Sako TRG 42 338LM.

I also ordered the new SS 2-20x as well, so all of my good bolt rifles will have mil/mil optics. I am excited to take this thing out and shoot it.

This scope is worth the price I paid for it and then some.

Basic Member

Re: Bushnell/Horus HDMR review..with pics

ETA: Take a look and see how small the IOR 30mm rings look compared to the Seekins.
    Bushnell/Seekins on left...SS16X and IOR on the right.
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/aubie515/Bushnell001.jpg[/img]

The SS optic is considerably lighter compared to the Bushnell HDMR
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/aubie515/Bushnell002.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/aubie515/Bushnell004.jpg[/img]

Interesting - I couldn't find MSRP.

Could you PM me military pricing?
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Basic Member

You must be active military/LE...Horus requires that you fax/email them your current ID...I'll PM you regardless.

helotaxi

If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with the price you paid I'd greatly appreciate it as well.

VjjR

Basic Member

It's no secret or anything...price for military/LE is $849...just keep in mind that Horus is only offering 200 of these optics. The one guy on SH said that he has 4 of them. Wished I could afford that many.