Thread: Where is the best place to buy a 110 long action Picatinny type scope base?

Basic Member

Where is the best place to buy a 110 long action Picatinny type scope base?

I have several older 110 long action, flat back, round front recieves, looking for a long one piece picatinny scope rail, where is the best place to buy 2-3? All help appreciated.

Re: Where is the best place to buy a 110 long action Picatinny type scope base?

Midway sells the EGW one piece rails that I have on most of my rifles.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

helotaxi

Midway and SWFA both sell the EGW. SWFA has the Weaver base which has a recoil lug and runs $10 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by helotaxi
    Midway and SWFA both sell the EGW. SWFA has the Weaver base which has a recoil lug and runs $10 cheaper.
    Midway has those too. I've been very tempted to buy one. The look lower like the EGW HD's.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member

I just ordered two of the Weavers from opticsplanet. They are the cheapest and have free shipping.

helotaxi

The Weaver might be a little bit lower. I didn't mic it before I installed it to compare to the EGW that it replaced. The replacement was to go to a 20MOA base not because there was anything wrong with the EGW.

MatthewUSMC8791

Murphy Precision is a awesome base... http://murphyprecision.com/
    IMO its better then KF...... CS is better too....JMO

Very nice but definitely not cheap!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewUSMC8791
    Murphy Precision is a awesome base... http://murphyprecision.com/
    IMO its better then KF...... CS is better too....JMO
    Looks like they only make bases for round tops, no round flats. Bummer!

Basic Member

I'm pretty sure the Weaver is only made for the round rear receivers too. I don't see any listed on their site for the flat backs. I ran into that problem with the EGW HD's, they're only made for the round rears as far as I can find.

helotaxi

What rings and scope are you planning to use? I have a long action with the square back and the EGW base is the only one that I found that would fit it in a 1-piece 1913/Weaver style rail. The problem with the EGW is that it is pretty tall. When coupled with my favorite rings (Burris Signature Zee; medium is the lowest height that they come in) the scope sits up higher than I like. I may end up going back to the Leupold style bases with the Signature rings on that rifle to get the scope lower again, even though I'm not really a fan of that style base.

rc109a

Bought the EWG 20MOA base. It was too high for my use. Now it is sitting in the desk drawer taking up space. I went with the Talley Ring mounts. For a one piece design, they are actually pretty good.

MatthewUSMC8791

Murphy does custom work as well, and its done right...He's definitely a straight shooter and gives you what you paid for, no BS... So don't waste your money on aluminium bases, go straight to steel.... only way to go...

3fingervic

I bought it direct from EGW.

http://www.egwguns.com/savage/savage...y-scope-mount/

P.S. I used Burris XTR's (Low).