Thread: Another 11 lwh question

Basic Member

Another 11 lwh question

While i wait for the lwh to start showing up i have noticed that the bolt release is the accu-stock type. Since i hunt in the rain and snow quite a bit i was going to change out the stock for a tupperware type stock to use and just put the wooden stock away.

I don't want to buy a accu-stock to do this, so do you have any thoughts on what i will need to do to swap out the wood for a tupperware? Or should i just drown the wood in clear coat and call it good? Thanks blue.

Basic Member

Re: Another 11 lwh question

The standard bolt release won't work because the receiver is not milled for the thumb lever. This only leaves 2 options: mill the receiver, or modify the existing bolt release by adding a thumb lever. The trigger guard would need to be changed to the standard one.
    I'm currently looking into the modified bolt release......seems like nobody likes the new style.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member

Thanks sharpshooter, i had the new style on my 10pc. I didn't mind it just different, i guess at this point it's seal the stock as best i can. blue

Shouldnt the bottom release trigger guard work on the other stock as well? The release button is housed in the trigger guard so it should fit I think. Or atleast with a little modification.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

The trigger guard is deeper, and besides that it would take a DBM stock. The early DBM tupperware stocks were real flimsy because of the cut out for the mag frame, hence the accustocks were born. But anything is possible.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."