Thread: Weekly Pdogs.

Basic Member

Weekly Pdogs.

Well I was at it again today. Shot 530 rounds from 630 am to 4 pm. I made sure this week I brought more than 400 rounds!
    Just my FP10, .223 today even though I had 2 other Savages in the truck..
    I was shooting like mad on & off all day. It was kinda overcast from about 1230am on then rained a tad, then a giant storm moved in w/ lighting & thunder, but not over me, although I got hit by rain, not much overall.
    This had very little effect on them out there, some went down most stayed up. Sun came back out basting and more came up.
    I started off in a very old wallow/bowl spot and shot there for 3 hrs hours splattering every thing within 250 yards.
    The gun was baking, the sun was burning early on at 84* this morning, warm wind at 3-6mph with me.
    I then moved another 200 yards or so to the top of the knoll that overlooks a wide bowl at the end of the hill thats packed full of p-dogs and slammed them for another 3 hours.
    I call this area "coyote 4 finger alley" since its where most coyotes travel in & out of to other sections out here and it runs to the creek that splits into 2 more fingers & up into 4 canyons.
    Same place I took 5 coyotes out of last October including my double and 40lb male.
    A nice buck antelope walked right up to me again, it was with a doe and she stayed back, this guy came up to me 5 times today as close as 80'.
    I moved to the truck and shot off the table till 2pm all along the fenceline till it really started to rain as that storm was circling right back over me and I did not want to be a lighting rod in the bed of my truck.
    Pics in short slide show.
    http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/nn400/5spd1/?action=view&current=8988a15d.pbw

Basic Member

Re: Weekly Pdogs.

Looks good, I wish I could go shoot p-dogs on a weekly basis.