Thread: Stevens outting.

r29l20

Stevens outting.

I just got back from shooting my new Stevens 200. .223, 3 screw trigger, Weaver bases & mounts, Redfield 3-9x40 revaluation scope, Hornady 55gr. v-max moly ammo. The shooting gods were shinning down on me, as I bore sighted the gun, a didn't need to move the scope at all. I shot the box of ammo and got clover leaf groups at 100 yards. Yes I had a witness, who asked me two questions, first (can I shoot it?) an second, how much do you want for it? It's not a miracle it's a savage. :)

Re: Stevens outting.

Always good to hear when everything comes together on the range. My experience with Hornady ammo has always been positive.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

CJW

My 200 loves the Hornady 55 gr v-max as well. 55 gr. win. ballistic tips are another story at 1.5" groups. Not terrible but the American Eagle 63 gr. SP's shoot about 1.25" groups at half the price. I'll stock up on the Hornady's for hunting and the cheaper stuff for the range.

Basic Member

I don't know if it's the caliber/gun combo, or what, but my son in law and me took turns shooting the last 4 reloads (223) , alternating shots from the same gun, and we ended up with a one hole, .300 group at 100......now , if someone told me this , i would probably think, yeah, B.S.......but these rifles are scary accurate........rsbhunter
    If you stand for nothing, Then you'll fall for anything!