Thread: Yet another Sightron SIII 10-50x60 question

Yet another Sightron SIII 10-50x60 question

Been eyeing this scope for some time, however still not convinced it is worth the price tag.

First reports stated that the turret adjustments were a little mushy. Since then the problem has been addressed.

Now, the talk is about image quality above 40x as being lacking. Have not heard if this issued has been rectified.

Really can not justify spending a $1000 on a scope that is not useful to the extents of its specs.

Am I expecting too much?

Basic Member

Re: Yet another Sightron SIII 10-50x60 question

I don't think you are expecting too much but you can't expect a perfectly clear view at 50 power all the time. It doesn't matter who makes the scope atmospherics play a big part in clarity at high powers.
    Mine seems to adjust fine and altho not as hard a click as my 8-32 Slll the clicks are still decent and not a touch it and it is moved type of soft click. The only thing i can say about it in a negative way is the side focus (read that - parallax adjustment) is a bit touchy as in real easy to go to far one way or the other and takes some getting used to. My clarity is good until i get to where mirage starts showing up but i use mirage as another type of wind flag then just dial it back till it clears or at least till i can see thru it with a semi-stable image. If you plan on using or trying to use 50 power all the time i don't think any scope will be clear all the time but when the stars and planets align the extra power sure is nice.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Senderofan

I agree 100% with Earl's take on the scope. I think it's a very decent scope for the money. There are very few scopes with this level of magnification....and the SIII is the only one for less than $1,000. The next nearest would probably be the 12-42X Nighforce for double the SIII....and from there..you're talking about a March for $3,000 +.

I also feel just like Earl does. My only negative with mine has been the touchy side focus.

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood