Thread: Savage 10 Predator trigger malfunction, Help?

mini14gb

Savage 10 Predator trigger malfunction, Help?

OK, I had my Predator out for the second time today at the range. The first time I went out with it I had a perfect experience NO problems at all and the rifle shot well. Today the rifle again shot well but the trigger safety blade would, every once in a while, stick and no matter how hard I pressed it it would not go off the blade would not depress at all. If I lifted the bolt handle and reset it then it would work and work fine. The problem seemed to get worse as the day progressed. I was very aware of the problem after the first couple times it happened and was making darn sure the action was properly cycle and closed firm, so its not a matter of a partially open action. Any others with this little annoyance?
    As a side note this is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned and I own a lot of rifles.

SMK Shoe

Re: Savage 10 Predator trigger malfunction, Help?

Have you adjusted the accu-trigger lighter. I have one action when I get down pretty low (12-14 ozs), it will lockup the blade about 50% of the time. cycling the bolt easy will usually fix. cranked the pull weight up about a full turn and fixed all my problems. I think it was right on the edge for pull weight and the spring was either to compressed or to extended to function correctly. Hope this helps.

SMK Shoe

Also, was the weapon firing as you closed the bolt. If you heard a click it was releasing the sear and the blade was catching the sear (I think) and not allowing it to actually fire. then you can't pull the blade back because all the spring pressure. easily cycling the bolt will reset the sear again.

mini14gb

Thank you for the replies. I have not adjusted the trigger its at its original factory setting. It is a pretty lite trigger though but that is how I like it.

Shoe, I do not remember hearing anything and the rifle is not firing when closing the bolt.

mini14gb

I went ahead and mildly increased the pounds about a half pound. Then went through the process of properly re-torquing the screws in the accu-stock.

That is the way they are designed to work also if you do not pull straight back on the trigger it will do that.