Hey folks, I sure hope someone can ease my mind. I recently purchased a brand new 10FCPLE with an HS Perc Stock and it is a beauty. This is my first Savage center fire rifle and I own many others (Ruger, Browning, Remingtons, Marlin). I wanted to see how the DBM functioned so I loaded up a few cartridges that I had reloaded for my sons .308 Mod. 700 Rem. The DBM worked fine, however the bolt would not close and I actually had trouble getting the bolt to pull out. My first thought was since this was a reloaded casing that had been previously fired in another gun it was tight. I grabbed a once fired empty brass case fired in another sons Browning (still had spent primer in it), and I tried the same exercise. Same result! I measured the case length and it was 2.010" long, well with in the max length. I next punched the primer out and the bolt now closed by was very tight and the bolt was very tuff to cycle, but it did. Then I remembered that the bolt came in the box from Buds uinstalled. I did have to swivel the bolt guide to get it to line up with the slots in the receiver. Could I have turned it the wrong way and made the fit between the bolt guide and the extractor head(my term for the end of the bolt) to tight? Would turning the bolt guide portion counter clockwise a few times help out? Does turning it one way or the other decrease or increase the gap between the bolt guide and the extractor head period? I don't recall having this issue with any of the other bolt guns I have owned in the past. Any guidance and feed back would be appreciated. As a note I have been shooting for 40 years and not new to guns just new to Savage Centerfires. This has me puzzled and of course the Savage data that came with my gun has no trouble shooting section.

Thanks in advance