Thread: Trigger Installation

Basic Member

Trigger Installation

Does anyone have any pics showing the installation of a non accutrigger trigger? I took mine apart to bed and paint and now I'm not so shure as to how to get the trigger back together.

Basic Member

Re: Trigger Installation

Man and man's best friend. Still looking at the green side of sod

Basic Member

I guess I have the newer cheaper trigger because mine doesn't have that much adjustment. I tried for two hours last night (ended up about losing my cool) and couldn't get it back together right. Guess I'm gonna have to take it to a gunsmith.

Uncle Jack

Perhaps you can post a picture of what you have and maybe we can help you.

uj

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jack
    Perhaps you can post a picture of what you have and maybe we can help you.

uj
    I have the centerfeed stevens 200. I ordered a Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger as a replacement. When trying to install the bolt release housing, the lever that sticks up on the right side of action (bolt realease button) broke. Can I buy a replacement from Savage? If not, does the Sharp Shooter supply trigger need that part because I will get one of those.

Uncle Jack

The part you broke is also the sear. Yes, you need one. No, Savage won't sell you trigger parts unless you're a gunsmith. SSS may sell you one.

uj

Try here to get one.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...aspx?catid=484

go to page 11, item # 62. They show 2 listed, so you'd need to call them to see what the differences are so you know which to get.

If not, check SSS, or Stockade Gunstocks.

As for the re-installation of everything, be gentle and take your time. Use the directions listed above, in the order it is listed. Since your trigger doesnt have all those adjustments, just move to the next adjustment in the order.

Double check proper working order after you're finished. No need to take it to a gunsmith.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Dang, I called Savage this morning, they told me I would have to get a gunsmith to order it. I have already take it to the gunsmith. He said it would be 3 weeks and gonna cost me about 60 bucks. Guess I'll just have to put the RB trigger on my Savage 7mag to replace the accutrigger

Basic Member

60 bucks for a sear? Yer gettin' hosed.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member

Well, that includes the 15 dollar trigger and installing it. He said he was going to do some adjusting on the factory trigger and try and get it around 2 pounds. I just got my Sav-1 trigger in the mail that I have to do something with now.

why not just use the SAV1 on that action instead of using a stock trigger?
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Thinking about trying to put the sav 1 on my 7 mag. I plan on replacing the stock and barrel on the 7 mm eventually, so I might as well start with the trigger. Also, I was playing around with the 7 yesterday and the trigger was starting to mess up. The acutrigger blade would stay out when I bolted it and would not press in, it was hard as a rock. I could bolt it again and it would start pressing normal. Is this a common problem with t he accutrigger?

Quote Originally Posted by jsthntn247
    The acutrigger blade would stay out when I bolted it and would not press in, it was hard as a rock. I could bolt it again and it would start pressing normal. Is this a common problem with t he accutrigger?
    Yup, sort of a common problem. You have the pull weight spring adjusted too far. Turn it in(clockwise) about a quarter-turn and re-try it. If that dont do it try another 1/4 turn or so. Some of them are real finicky when they are at there lightest setting, but this almost always clears it up.
    ~Clint Eastwood