Thread: New Axis member... 3rd savage rifle...First impressions

johnnyp

New Axis member... 3rd savage rifle...First impressions

Just bought an Axis in the 308 caliber. The gun shot under a 1 inch three shot group (.80) at 100 yards with Federal FMJ ammo. The rest of the groups were around an inch. I have two other older Savages (110 in 22-250, 111 in 7 mag). I think this gun is a little more accurate. The gun came with a Bushnell scope that will do for know. The trigger is the biggest issue. Pulls over 6 lbs. Looking to get the basix trigger soon.

smitty273

Re: New Axis member... 3rd savage rifle...First impressions

Take a look at this link to predatormasters forum for an quick and cheap project to lower the trigger pull. Took mine from about 7# to just over 3# for $1 and about 20 minutes of my time. Alot of axis owners have tried it with good results.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...40#Post1717240

Herman

Worked wonders for mine....

iHuntTargets

Just got an Axis .223 and modified the trigger similar to the process in the predatormasters forum. I used a set screw with some loctite and threaded it into the existing 10-24 threads in the trigger. I used a lighter spring, cut down to a good length, and the trigger feels great now, and passes a drop test. I haven't measured it, but I'd guess 2.5 or 3 pounds.

ptisd335

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyp
    Just bought an Axis in the 308 caliber. The gun shot under a 1 inch three shot group (.80) at 100 yards with Federal FMJ ammo. The rest of the groups were around an inch. I have two other older Savages (110 in 22-250, 111 in 7 mag). I think this gun is a little more accurate. The gun came with a Bushnell scope that will do for know. The trigger is the biggest issue. Pulls over 6 lbs. Looking to get the basix trigger soon.

I Love My Savage Edge .308 Killed Several deer last year with it. I did Paint the Savage Edge this year and did a trigger job. It is one of the best guns that I own I think you will be happy with it.