Thread: original 110 stock

daveb

original 110 stock

I need to shorten this approx 1"This is 1 of the original Fiberglass[plastic??]stocks. Can anyone tell me if cutting this off will create a problem?? ??? Besides it will be shorter ;D
    Will the stock be ruined ?? How much can I take off before I get in trouble ???

daveb

Re: original 110 stock

cut what you want off and glue some wood into the hollow cavity so you have something to screw the replacement pad to.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Woodser

The length of pull (measurement between end of recoil pad and trigger) can be critical for accuracy and comfort. Only cut the stock if you have to crane your
    head forward to get a full sight picture in the scope. Cut as much as is required to get the sight picture without craning the neck. You might want to add some weight (I use flat "river" type fishing sinkers screwed into the wood) to the inside of the wood block suggested by Avenger to regain rifle balance. Measure the balance point before cutting the stock, then add weight to regain that balance point. Might not take much.

daveb

I have to pull it excessively tight and crane to get eye relief on the scope. I've never lost a shot but it would make the rifle easier to use. ;D

It's tough when ya get old.HA!! ;D

I think that answers the question ,too close to deer season to start cutting now...

daveb

ctrout

I cut a factory tupperware stock and the only problem I ran into was the screws holding the recoil pad on intersected with the sling swivel stud.

daveb

I was hoping for a response like that ;D I can't afford to replace the stock right now .How much did you take off??
    Thanks
    daveb