I want to convert my 1980's era Savage 110 from 30-06 to 300 win mag. Where can I find the appropriate bolt face for my bolt? I see Midway sells small firing pin hole bolt faces but I think that only works with bolts from later rifles.

This gun started life as a 270 but my local gunsmith had a used 30-06 barrel that he installed for me. Cost of the barrel and install was $50. I was never really happy with the accuracy but then again, I had cheap optics back then so that could be the fault.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, can I use my existing extractor and ejector?

Oh, by the way, I will be using this on deer and elk in the Oregon rainforests. I would also like to use it for local 600yd shoots and maybe a match or 2. I plan on using a B&C stock with a Harris Bipod for the range and no bipod for hunting unless I end up shooting eastern Oregon.

I have a new Zeiss 3x-9x X 50mm with Rapid-Z 600 reticle that will be going on top of the rifle and I plan on installing an EGW one piece rail to the top of the receiver.

As far as my shooting abilities, I shoot M1A's with iron sights from 100 to 600yds, unsupported prone. My groupings range from .75" to 2", typically (5 shots). I have never had a good bolt gun and I'd like to make one from this Savage.