Thread: Vortex Customer Service

Vortex Customer Service

Around last September I was have an AO problem with my Crossfire so sent it back to Vortex for repair. I got it back in 10 days with a statement that all it needed was some cleaning and lube. Taking them at their word, I stored the scope to be used on a future build. A few weeks ago the scope came out of storage to be used onmy 6.5X47L build. The Lapua build gave me fits with poor accuracy. I fiddled with everything I could think of. I found a broken rear pillar so repaired the stock and rebedded it. Still no improvement in accuracy. I then suspected my standard full length sizing die set from RCBS. Neck runout with the F/L die was an unacceptable .006" and worse. The seating die wasn't much better so I replaced them both with Forester dies. Still little accuracy improvement. I finally zeroed in on the Vortex scope as the problem. As soon as I replaced the Vortex with another scope, groups shrank to sub MOA. I sent Vortex an e-mail outlining my problems with the scope they worked on. I received an answer back from Julie, the customer service manager. She said they would issue a return authorization with FedEx and that if I was interested, I could upgrade to a Viper 6.5X20 for a reasonable price and the returned Crossfire scope. The offer I was made was extremely favorable so I agreed. I won't disclose the cost difference as it may not be something written in stone for every situation but its safe to say, Vortex stands behind their products and warranty and will bend over backwards to please the customer. I am impressed by Vortex and will continue to do business with a great company.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Cover Dog

Re: Vortex Customer Service

I have several of the Viper scopes and have had no problems with them. Their WARRANTY was the major factor in my decision to purchase a Razor spotting scope this past February. I also got a great deal which didn't hurt either.

Basic Member

I've had a pair of their binos for several years now. The first year I had them, I chipped the lens on a rock while hunting bighorns here in CO. I sent them in, along with an explanation of what happened. They had them replaced with such a quick turn-around time. I was really impressed. There was also a hand-written note thanking me for being a customer.
    I just bought a Savage model 16 270wsm on gunbroker, and will be mounting a Vortex Diamondback on it this summer for sure.

It took only two days for the scope to get from Wisconsin to Georgia! Can't wait to get the 30mm rings and mount it. Clarity is excellent and I like the side focus feature. Turrets are adjustable to zero w/o tools, just lift up on the knob, set to zero and push adjustment knob down, it's done.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67