The reason I ask this is I can't get my barrel nut nor the receiver to thread onto my new barrel. I'm not terribly upset and I've sent an email into the company asking what I should do, send it back to them directly or take it to a gunsmith to have him determine the problem? The threads just don't seem to match. The barrel seems to grab the first thread but then locks up tight so it has me thinking the pitch is all wrong, but I don't have any way of measuring that at home.

I had to wait three months to get this barrel as it was a 1:7 twist .243, so I hope I don't have to wait another three to get it fixed. I was hoping to go to the June Sporting Rifle Match in Raton NM with this rifle, if I miss this one the next one I'll have a chance to attend will be Septembers the last one of the season. Not many people must ask for the 1:7 twist but I wanted the option of being able to run 115 grain bullets if I wanted.

Anyway I sent an email off to them this morning. I just hope this problem can be fixed quickly so I can start getting some shooting time in. I should get a response sometime tomorrow, as it seems that Jon is very fast to answer them.

My build is:

Stevens 200 CF short action
McGowen 26" Varmint Contour
Rayhill Tac Knob and recoil lug
SSS Competition trigger
M12 take off stock
EGW 20 MOA base
Leupold QRW med rings
Midway Weaver Tactical GS 3-10X40 scope
Harris 6-9" bipod