Thread: Ironsighter one piece base

range rat

Ironsighter one piece base

I need a base with about .080 more height to mount a scope om my LRPV. I already had a set of medium TPS rings and wanted to use them. I then started to look around for the tallest base I could find. Most were out of stock. I then stumbled upon the Ironsighter one piece at Midway. I needed to place an order with them so I had them toss in the base for $12.99. I wasn't expecting much but took a shot anyways. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised by a nice MADE IN USA base. I was still a little skeptical till I tossed it on a surface plate and measured it up. It was dead nuts!!! The base worked perfectly and put my scope about .050 above my barrel. What I thought to be a $150 project turned out to cost $12.99. Gotta love that!!
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/455mjd/004-33.jpg[/img]

OICU812

Re: Ironsighter one piece base

range rat,
    I recently purchased the same base along with a set of Burris Extreme Tactical (low) rings,A Barska euro 30- 6x scope, and a set of butler creek flip ups from the same vendor with the only difference being that mine is for a flat rear 110E. I took this base as a last resort as I was growing tired of the EGW mount I wanted for this build being repeatedly date changed on the back order list. I too was in awe of the quality for such a low price! The holes are all dead center. The finish is a perfect matte black as well.

I mounted it all up briefly to see how the pkg. looked and dismantled it again as I am reworking the original stock and getting it ready for pillars & Devcon while I have a bbl. & machined recoil lug on order from NSS. I did not think to check the clearance, but IIRC it looked to be in the .080 to .100 range. That is with a 30mm tube and 53.5mm obj. in the Burris low rings. I had to mount the rings on the two inner slots as the rings are wide and left little room fore and aft (about 1/4" each end) to position the tube, but it worked out spot on as the eye relief was right where I needed it to be.

All in all a great USA product for an exceptional price. I do love that!!

boat action

Re: Ironsighter one piece base

Great customer service too!
    I stripped the head off one of the screws. An email to the company and I had new screws in the mail. The envelope said Kwik Site so I guess they are the same company.

If you need a tall base, Ironsighter is it.