Thread: HELP - Savage 710 Series K

matchstick

HELP - Savage 710 Series K

I think this goes here...if not feel free to move it.

I was digging around in my dad's safe today and came across a Savage 710 Series K rifle in 30-06. I asked him about it and he said it was a special run for a buying group or something. Looking at the markings it says "Talo Buyers INC." I can't find much about the rifle, but he seems to think it is essentially a 110, which would be Savages current nomenclature/numbering for their long action bolt rifles.

I was hoping that someone here might know more about this rifle before I start sending emails to Savage and Talo trying to find out the info I want.

Also, if it is in fact a 110 with a special number, what would be my options for a new stock? Haven't found much for the long actions, at least not in something with a vertical grip (ie "tacticool"). I would like to set it up for some long(er) range precision if possible. While not ideal, I gotta shoot what I have, until I can afford what I want.

ellobo

Re: HELP - Savage 710 Series K

If its a 30-06 its a long action. If it has a flat rear on the reciever it will need a proper scope mount to account for the flat rear. It may already have one but check anyway. When I first got into Savages yrs back I didnt know there were flat rear recievers and bought the wrong mount. Savages are all now round recievers. Check to see if the barrel is free floated as well as the tang. You should be able to pass a piece of paper under the barrel all the way to the nut. Same with the tang. If not, come back for instructions on how to fix it. Easy to do. Otherwise it should be a good shooter. If it was shot much give it the copper cleaner treatment, It may be coppered up. Is it wood stocked or plastic stocked?

El Lobo