Thread: Savage target action

Samdweezel05

Savage target action

Where are all the target actions for sale? I can't find one anywhere, new or used. I have 10 weeks till the barrel gets here, have a bedding block made and get the stock done.

Re: Savage target action

Well, they do not come up by themselves very often. The last couple builds I have done I just bought a complete used LRPV and sold off the stock and barrel. In the end you will most likely having less into the action than if you bought the action only.

I'm sure Northlander has new ones though if ya cant find a used one.

SOOOOO, whatcha buildin Phil ;D.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

+1 for NSS, last time I talked to Jim a couple weeks ago he had several in stock, don't remember which configurations. Give him a call.

What are you building? Inquiring minds want to know.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Varget 7-08

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire
    +1 for NSS, last time I talked to Jim a couple weeks ago he had several in stock, don't remember which configurations. Give him a call.

What are you building? Inquiring minds want to know.
    X2

Samdweezel05

I have been trying to get a hold of Jim. Problem with trying to get an entire LRPV rifle around here is cost. By the time I order it and pay the shipping at the local dealer there is no way I can sell the stock and barrel and end up cheaper than an action from Jim. I got my last Target action from Jim and I like dealing with him. What am I building? Do you remember this one? I sold it before I could even shoot it.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/samdweezel05/Guns/DSCF0114.jpg[/img]

Varget 7-08

Why did you sell it Sam?

Samdweezel05

I think the fun for me is building them. Once it was done I really didn't care if I shot it.

that rifle pictured is what caused me to transform my bvss, any other ideas i can copy from you? ;D

[img width=600 height=450]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/ebk04/1-6.jpg[/img]
    mdl 12 .223, bvss/"bondo" stock, completely polished,devcon bedded, sig zee rings, 36x40 leupold

Basic Member

I bought one last week from Jim Brigg at Northland Shooting Supply for $460.00 you will have to call him one the phone. He is busy enough on the phone he doesn't have a lot of time to answer emails they take a back seat to the phone. I have never had any trouble getting him on the phone. He has a couple of the old 4.4 screw spacing that are on hold. He usually keep them on hold for a week or two then puts them back up for sale. If you want the new 3.4 screw spacing he is expecting them with in a week or two. Call him and put your name on the list on the 2 he has on hold and there is better than 50% chance you will get on he has in stock.

Samdweezel05

Quote Originally Posted by xj4me
    that rifle pictured is what caused me to transform my bvss, any other ideas i can copy from you? ;D

[img width=600 height=450]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/ebk04/1-6.jpg[/img]
    Glad I could help. :) What is the color? Sunset Orange Effect? I'm not sure what color this one will be. I got ahold of Jim today and he is sold out of actions. The search continues.

that is a ppg candy color called orange glow. the bvss stock is being made over right now and im also stuck on what color to go with. theres so many cool colors to choose from.
    mdl 12 .223, bvss/"bondo" stock, completely polished,devcon bedded, sig zee rings, 36x40 leupold