Thread: Weaver scope mounts and rings on Savage 12BVSS

Huskyflier

Weaver scope mounts and rings on Savage 12BVSS

I need some advise on scope mounts. I have a FM(Famous Maker) scope I picked up at a gun show. It is a 30MM tube with 44MM objective. (big end of scope) I know, you know, just being humorous. I presently have the small Weaver style bases on the receiver and need advise as to which weaver style rings to buy. I not opposed to buying new mounts as well. I don't really want the scope to be mounted so high off the bbl that I can't rest my face on the cheek rest so would like to get the lowest rings possible that would be comfortable to use. I am thinking that medium height rings would be perfect. However I have spent the best part of the afternoon trying to decifer the Midway catalog listing to select the right rings.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Good shooting!!!

Re: Weaver scope mounts and rings on Savage 12BVSS

I use the burris zee rings with the replaceable inserts to correct the scopes elevation etc.They bolt right on to the weaver bases and picatanny rails. In your case I would try the mediums first.See if any of your friends might have some to try.If you buy them and they are wrong you are stuck with them.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Cycler

Weaver makes multi-slot one piece bases for both long and short action Savages. They are reasonably priced (~$20 MSRP) and give you a lot of options for locating the rings. They are more versatile than most bases with only one mounting position.

Basic Member

I have a 12 fvss. and installed an EGW 20moa base on it. i used Burris low tactical rings on that base with a 30mm scope tube and a 44mm objective lense (the big end) lol it fit about right. theres about a 1/4" under the scope but if i were you, and you are planning on puttin a aftermarket stock on it or you want to (be able to shoot) long range later you can. Just make sure your scope has enough elevation travel to zero at a the closer ranges with a 20moa base with all things being perfect you'll need at least 20 down to zero it at 100yards. just my .02 tho hope this helps
    couple of savages