Thread: Savage 6.5 Creedmoor with bull barrel... Which model?

Basic Member

Savage 6.5 Creedmoor with bull barrel... Which model?

So yesterday I came across a stainless 6.5 in the light weight 111 hunting series and they only wanted $499 with cheap rings and a cheap nikon scope mounted on top. I was looking for one with a bull barrel because I am planning on using a 1 piece rail system and using the scope I have with Warne QD rings and mounting it on this rifle.

Anyone know what model I would be looking for?

They had one in 22-250, for $619 but I think it was the varmit series and savages site doesn't show the 6.5 in that model.

Basically looking for a accutrigger, bigger bolt handle, and bull barrel.

To my knowledge, Savage doesn't offer a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Bull Barrel. You probably will have to find the action and stock you like, then barrel the rifle to complete it.

I personally like the Model 12 VLP or BVSS Savage for a project like this.
    Last edited by Dennis; 06-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

The 12 LRP is available in 6.5 Creedmoor with a serious bull barrel that is fluted. It is all matte black with an HS stock. It is also availavle in .260 Rem and .243 Win.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member
    Agreed, I really like the 12LRP version, but just can't choke down that 1k sticker price right now. I am getting married in a few months and I can't spend that kind of cash.

rattfink
    Call Savage and ask them to chamber a 12 FCV or FV in 6.5mm. They will do that pretty easily I should think.

Basic Member
    Called, they said $967 MSRP, have to deal with my dealer and see what they would charge me. They said it could be less/more depending.

They dont have any barrels available, so I would have to wait for them to make one.

Basic Member
    I bought the Sav 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor from here, $900.54 + $5.99 shipping and FFL fee.

http://grabagun.com/savage-arms-1913...creedmoor.html

It's a great shooter from what little I have shot it. So far 1 range trip, 40 rounds down the tube. I was using 120 gr Hornady AMAX and playing around with the scope. The rifle is very heavy and I am very happy with it, especially the trigger. Here are the last 10 shots I took at 100 yds. I adjusted the scope after the first 3 shots on the bottom.
    Ken

Last edited by Captk; 06-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.

rattfink
    ^ That's a fair deal and if I am not mistaken the only way to get a repeater with the target style port?

thomae
    CaptK, it's a darn shame that with your rifle/ammo combination you can't see individual bullet holes. I realize just how annoying that can be.

I think you should send me your rifle, and several thousand rounds of ammo and I'll shoot it enough and tinker with it and adjust it so that your pattern is spread out and you will be able to conveniently view your individual bullet holes. It will be so much easier to keep track of your individual shots that way. I won't even charge you for the service, either!

But seriously, folks...Nice shooting. Looks like you have something good there!

Basic Member
    I have a LRP in 6.5 creedmoor and it's a sub MOA rifle. Best group at 300 was a little over and inch, best group at 800, a hair over three inches. I think it's a keeper

masterblaster
    Just married,,, spend it now before the hammer drops.

Quote Originally Posted by 1983Weatherby View Post
    Agreed, I really like the 12LRP version, but just can't choke down that 1k sticker price right now. I am getting married in a few months and I can't spend that kind of cash.

Basic Member
    Thanks.... I have really been wanting an AR platform rifle for a long time so I pulled the trigger on that today. Purchased a windham weaponry SRC.