Thread: Fillin the butt for working down the grip

Fillin the butt for working down the grip

I am starting to get my Stevens stock a little better grip. I was thinking of filling the butt of the stock with some kind of epoxy before sanding/drilling it to make it more comfortable and efficient. At the same time adding a little bit of weight. My concern is I don't wanna end up with a hole if I drill something like a thumbhole or sand down the top area.

Anybody has any Idea what to use? 5 min epoxy would basically take about 50 tubes of it...LOL.... and not exactly a cheap mod.

Thanks
    Gaetoune
    My idea of fast food is a Mallard... The Nuge!!!!

Basic Member

Re: Fillin the butt for working down the grip

By the time you have all the moeny and time into it you would probably be better off just buying a new stock unless your idea is somethign that isn't redily available. I have tried to modify factory stocks and I never have good luck with it. I can build a wood stock from the ground up with less hassle than trying to extensively modify a factory plastic stock.

There are people out there that can do it with great results, I am not one of them.

Just my thoughts
    Dolomite

Woodser

Quote Originally Posted by dolomite_supafly
    By the time you have all the moeny and time into it you would probably be better off just buying a new stock unless your idea is somethign that isn't redily available. I have tried to modify factory stocks and I never have good luck with it. I can build a wood stock from the ground up with less hassle than trying to extensively modify a factory plastic stock.

There are people out there that can do it with great results, I am not one of them.

Just my thoughts
    Dolomite
    Ditto^^^

Elkbane

You can use a product called "Great Stuff" expanding foam from Lowe's / Home Depot to fill up the majority of the hollow, then use expoxy over it once the big void is filled. Great Stuff is fairly light and will deaden the hollow sound without adding too much weight.
    Elkbane