G'Day Fella's,
I recently purchased a mod 9322btvss L/H thumbhole stock with heavy barrell etc it really looks the goods but I can't find an ammo that it likes. Best it has shot so far is 1.5 in at 50 meters.
I bedded and floated barrell but still the same, it seems to me, to be something to do with the marriage of stock to action. The front action screw has no timber surrounding it and the,(if you could call it this) bedding pillar only comes up to about a 1/4 of the distance from the action to the floor plate and floats in space. Consequently when you tighten the front action screw the floor plate made of a light metal or heavy tin bends which prevents you from creating enough pressure to prevent the action and barrell moving minutely when shooting etc. Has any body come across this and if so how the heck do you over come what appears to me as a glaring design fault.
I have 2 other savages in center fire and both shoot like stink but my poor new rimfire appears to be dud.
On top of this I have found the stock very hard to fit into and have to increase the height of my rings to enable me to be central to the scope, am I alone with this problem?