I didn't want to encroach on the other "trigger pull" thread so this is a new question on the same subject.

I have an older Mk II GL pre-E-receiver with the Accutrigger. The trigger pull adjustment spring is an open coil design and the top is held in place by a short stud on the receiver bottom, On this rifle I was easily able to remove and clip one coil from the spring and now have a very nice 2 pound trigger pull with no problems.

However, I also have a new Mk II BTVLS with the E-receiver and an Accutrigger that won't adjust below 3.5 pounds. This rifle's trigger pull spring is a very different design. It has several closed coils at the top and a piece of the spring wire goes across the top of the cylinder. It also just butts up against the bottom of the receiver with no stud or other retainer. Cutting one coil from this spring will have little to no effect as far as I can see and may cause it's top anchor to shift.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to handle this newer trigger type? I'm familiar with the Rifle Basix replacement trigger but would rather not spend the $85 if I don't have to.