Thread: Savage value

Onceinawhile

Savage value

I currently have two Savage rifles, one a factory stock in 223 and a second one I transformed from 223 to 6br. I have been wanting to build my son one in 308 so I have been scouring the pawn shops.

I am more interested in the older savages as opposed to the newer ones with the composite stock and/or the accutrigger. I must say these are somewhat hard to find. However, I managed to find one at a local pawn shop.

It is a sporter model 110 in 30-06 with iron sights, a cheap BSA scope, and see thru mounts. It has the ugly brown wooden stock and a missing sling stud. The scope or mounts hold no value to me. The sticker price was $300 and it was offered to sell by the shop for $250. I believe this is still high as I think new Savages can be bought for $300 or less.

What do ya'll see older Savages selling for? I don't mind paying fair prices but this seems too much. I am just curious as to what others are paying. I would appreciate any help.

Re: Savage value

New Savages for $300 or less??? WHERE??????? I haven't seen them. Plain Savages around here are at least $400 new and thats on sale.

You can get Stevens and Axis for under $300 new around here but not regular Savages.

$250 for a complete used gun seems at least fair if not a steal. New Stevens actions are going for $235 + shipping + FFL fees.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member

I would also snag it if not just for the action at $250!

82boy

$250 for a 110 is a fair price.

Onceinawhile

ok guys you sold me. I guess the edge/axis was what I was thinking for $300. So if $250 is fair I will try to pick it up. Thanks for the help.

I'd run to that shop and snatch it up for $250!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Uncle Jack

".....I'd run to that shop and snatch it up for $250"

You might think about giving the guy a big kiss also.

uj

ellobo

If your going for a .308 try to find a short actin. Look in Auction Arms of Gunbroker, I found three there for an average of $225 each and rebuilt all three. Good luck.

Ell Lobo

PBinWA

Our local Bi-Mart (kind of like a mini- Walmart) often runs the Savage 11/111 series (non-accutrigger) for around $300 and I'm pretty sure I've seen them for under $300.

Onceinawhile

[quote=ellobo ]
    If your going for a .308 try to find a short actin. Look in Auction Arms of Gunbroker, I found three there for an average of $225 each and rebuilt all three. Good luck.

I would rather have the short action but used Savages at fair prices are hard to find so I will take what I can get. Besides I am not to concerned on short vs long. I have a factory stock savage 223 and a converted Savage 223 in 6br and they both have long actions. I hope/shouldn't have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jack
    ".....I'd run to that shop and snatch it up for $250"

You might think about giving the guy a big kiss also.

uj
    I don't know if I'd go that far........................... :-)
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.