Thread: Groups & M.O.A Measuring Program

jasta

Groups & M.O.A Measuring Program

Hi Shooters

Found this program called OnTarget Precision Calculator that helps with working out your target group size and M.O.A. It’s very easy to use and you have the choice of a freeware version, v1.10, or to purchase the latest version v 2.10. The latest version has a few extra options like metric measurement, bullet hole editing and targets can be rotated for correct orientation. You can try v2.10 for free for 15 days, after that it will cost you $15.00.

So if you like testing different ammo and collecting Data on groups and MOA, give the free version a try.

So here is a quick evaluation/tutorial on the v2.10 of On Target Precision Calculator.

After you have downloaded and ran the program you are ready to start.

Open the program and select how you want to import your image

I found for best results, pop your target on your scanner and click the scanner icon.

Now you can enter your target info
    [img width=600 height=337]http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff463/jasta70/Target2.jpg[/img]
    Now your target is ready to start the measuring process. By selecting the “Graphical Zoom In” icon you left mouse click, hold then drag over the bullet group. The target will then zoom in automatically

Click on the “Point Of Aim” tool and place the cursor over the target aim point and click to set the aim point position.

Using the “Imput Bullet Holes” tool the cursor will change to show that it is ready to define holes. Left click your mouse in over the target and the cursor will change to a circle the size of the round. Position the circle over a hole on the target and click the left mouse button. Keep entering holes until you have finished the group. When finished just click on the “Imput Bullet Holes” icon again and the target info will pop up on the target.

End result with all the info you want just with a few clicks
    [img width=600 height=337]http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff463/jasta70/lastshot.jpg[/img]
    You can Save your work using the File Save As dialog to select a location, file name, and file type, then click OK.

What I have shown you is the very basic's on how to use this cool little program. If you want to record your results from your target shooting or ammo testing this is a great program to use and works rather well. You don't have to get v2.10, if you want just the basic's for home use go with v1.10, but the paid version has just a few extras that you may like. I have no financial connection with OnTarget I just think its a great program to use and wanted to let other fanatical precision ammo testing target reading nutty shooters like me, know its available. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Enjoy :)

Re: Groups & M.O.A Measuring Program

Already have it and it works very excellent