Thread: Bvac 22 wmr

bflee

Bvac 22 wmr

I was looking for some ammo for my Savage 93 22WMR and I found some bitterroot valley 40 gr and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it in a similar rifle. I get 1/2" groups with Hornady 30 gr vmax and about the same with Winchester but it ftf's a lot. The CCI shoots a little wider(over 1"). I am on my last 50 rd box of each of those and I need to buy some but I don't want 500 rounds of crap. Give me your best review from your rifle.

wtkshooter
    Hello bflee,

Is that ammo sold under the name "Armscor"?

bflee
    No, but I am interested in how the armscor shoots also.

wtkshooter
    "If you are using Armscor brand ammo, from articles I've read be aware it's normally a hotter load than U.S. produced stuff and it also may not have the exact same case diameter as an American made brand like CCI. If the chamber on your gun is snug, it may not allow room for an over sized case to slide in easily."

i copied the the above quote from keltecforum.com. Someone was having problems with this ammo in their Kel-Tec PMR 30.

outback andy
    My Savage 93 shoots the Armscor 40 gr HP just as tight groups as the Hornady 30 gr v-max...nice.

wtkshooter
    Thanks outback. Where did you buy the Armscor?

outback andy
    I ordered them from Midsouth back when they had them in stock, I,m glad I ordered a brick of them.