Thread: Savage BMAG accu-trigger adjustment

user27

Savage BMAG accu-trigger adjustment

I just got a BMAG and removed the trigger plate to access the accu-trigger so I can adjust it. I adjust it as described in the manual, raising the knob and turning counter-clockwise to lighten the trigger. It only goes so far, but as I test fire it the trigger pull is no where near 2.5 pounds (but I didn't bother measuring it for fear of being even more discouraged), and after firing the knob raises as the spring tension is decreased, and it turns clockwise. So basically, the trigger resets itself to something other than what I adjust it to. I'm hoping others will either confirm what I'm experiencing, or tell me what the problem might be.

Oh, and I also have the bent stock as other have reported where there is more space between the barrel and the stock on the right side than on the left. I sure hope someone comes up with a replacement stock, soon.

BradyLWO
    I have a similar question. I bought my bmag yesterday and want the trigger as light as it will go. How do i know when im there? I adjusted it down today and once i got it so far it started to get tight and wanted to jump back to where it was previously. Id say its around 3 lb now. Am i as light as its gonna go ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyLWO View Post
    I have a similar question. I bought my bmag yesterday and want the trigger as light as it will go. How do i know when im there? I adjusted it down today and once i got it so far it started to get tight and wanted to jump back to where it was previously. Id say its around 3 lb now. Am i as light as its gonna go ?
    That's it.

Basic Member
    I'll second gsperaz. Mine was the same as above. 3lbs.

Birdieshooter
    If you care to pull the little plastic dial out of the trigger assembly you will find that the spring screws into it. Farther it's screwed in lighter the pull. Unscrew and remove the spring so you can look at the area in the dial where the shoulder of the spring rests and you may find that it was not finished well. I used a small round burr bit from my die grinder in my small lathe but just about anything that cleans that pocket up should help.

archerhmr
    My trigger would do the 2.5, but creep was terrible. Took it apart and stoned the sears and then it broke clean with no travel. It has been at savage since late november. Mine would only shoot 3-4". I even tried bedding it a few different ways with no luck.