Thread: any reviews on Osprey scops?

mil-dot

any reviews on Osprey scops?

i was thinking about purchasing the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029XDZ26
    Osprey Tact 10-40 scope. has anyone ever looked through one and what is the quality?

Jesse

CJ in WY

Re: any reviews on Osprey scops?

Sportsmans guide has them a little cheaper. They aint all that bad but make sure the seller will stand behind it if it looks like this! The glass is fair and the clicks repeatable but the x hairs are off this far from square.
    [img width=600 height=450]http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/guns/websize/09outandabout%20195.jpg[/img]

Basic Member

I had one on a .220 swift for exactly 6 shots, then the internals broke loose....what a dissapointment. I would not use another if it was given to me, besides for a door stop.

Basic Member

That's a shame. They're supposed to be rated for a 50 bmg too. I haven't seen one personally but would be a little skeptical.

bigmig

I had one go bad after about 40 shots (10-40x50). Lifetime warranty etc etc. I loved everything about the scope other than, you know, its ability to shoot . The turrets were totally screwed. They felt stripped out and the thing was brand new. I've got a replacement on the way because I heard a lot of good things about them but.....I'm hoping I didn't just buy a polished turd.

mil-dot

Sorry forgot to reply, I bought a Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14 40mm target turret/mil-dot reticle.

It is the best scope i have ever used. I would like a little more power, but I still like it.

Jesse