Thread: chargemaster 1500

Basic Member

chargemaster 1500

I have been thinking about one of these and was wondering if anyone has used one and how they have liked it??
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

2recon

Re: chargemaster 1500

after i started using mine..the only question i had was why i waited so long...it sure speeds things up.worth the money in the agg is saves.

dcloco

There is a couple tricks to use the the Chargemaster that helps quite a bit more.

Remember...these are mass produced. They have a variance of up to two tenths +. Not bad by any means...but do remember that if you are working up loads with fast powder or are working over the edge.

max

I just received mine last week and love it. I"m using IMR8208XBR in my .223 and it drops the charge spot on every time. So much faster than weighing charges.

Basic Member

how about other brands ???
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

Samdweezel05

The big selling feature of the Chargemaster for me was the lack of warm up time. I bought mine about 6 years ago and when looking at others like the Pact they required something like 30 minutes to warm up before you could use them. I don't know if that's still the case. I can't say that I ever heard anything bad about there performance but I am glad I went with the RCBS. Tens of thousands of charges later it has never given me any issues.

Basic Member

I love mine and another factor for me was you can buy the dispenser and scale seperate in case one would go down. A buddy had the lyman and it was JUNK
    112,223,choate uv,nikon 6-18<br />lrpv,204,hs stock,sightron S3 6-24x50<br />12 target,McGowen 6mmbr,SSS hbr,Sightron S3 8-32<br />Mark II,22lr,thumbhole,Tasco 6-24x40<br />11 youth,243,Simmons 2.5-10x50<br />116fcss 30-06<br />12fv,204,VX-3 4.5-14x50

Senderofan

I have an older chargemaster....I recently added a Hornady Autocharge to my stable. I really like the Hornady Autocharge. I purchased the unit pre-release and got a really sweet deal. My complaints about the chargemaster...takes longer to set it up and it seems a lot more sensitive to the slightest breeze...and will freeze up. I still have the old workhorse....but the Hornady gets the nod currently. Also...both units are +/- 0.1 gr. accuracy....and I&#39;ve checked both.

I think the new Hornady Autocharge is worth a look at. The Chargemaster is a fine system...but there are alternatives out there as well...IMHO....YMMV!

Wayne