Thread: Setting the Record Straight

jwv

Setting the Record Straight

I recently made a post and had it deleted about having a problem with a Shilen barrel. This was false. There was a goof up with the gunsmith and a Shilen is not what made it onto my rifle. So I repeat, I did not have a Shilen barrel with a defect, it was another brand. However, Wade at Shilen was gracious enough to inspect the barrel I sent him anyway. My gunsmith and Shilen have taken care of me. I intended and paid for a Shilen, after realizing the mix up, the gunsmith contacted Shilen and a Select Match is being made for me with there brand spanken new PTG 6.5x55 reamer. Some builds just fight you the entire way, and this was no exception. I guess it just means it will be one hell of a shooter. On the last note, I want to say the Customer service at Shilen is first rate. Every phone call I made to them was friendly and they went out of their way for me!!!

USMarine1108

Re: Setting the Record Straight

Why was your post deleted?

USMarine, first of all let me say thank you for defending our country!!! His post was most likely deleted when they stopped allowing feedback due to the reason that some of the other threads with feedback have ended up in arguements among the members. (You know, everybody thinks they are right and it cant be any other way. We've all felt that way from time to time.). So after numerous warnings by the admin they had no choice but to just stop the feedback section. Sucks, but it has been peaceful round here since then so it is working...LOL

jwv, I remember your thread, and I am glad you reported back to let us know what they found out. Everything I have ever heard about Shilens CS has been 110% positive, and Wade has even posted to our forum discussing some things as well.

Did your smith say how a different barrel made it on your gun? Not everyday that a normal gunsmith has multiple Savages in there getting barrels put on them. Much less in that caliber.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Now pdog06...

The 6.5 x 55 Swede is one of the most popular cartridges of all time.

I have at least a half-dozen around here and that includes a couple with Shilen match grade barrels.

Not good that a barrel got switched, but understandable given that it was a 6.5 x 55.

Now if it had been something boring like a 223...

jwv

I requested for the thread to be deleted and then realized I didn't state what happened. I am not totally sure how it happened other than I originally opted for the other barrel brand. But before everything was set in stone I upgraded to a Shilen. The Shilen was on the invoice. Just an honest mistake I guess.