Thread: Anyone shooting 110 BA in Lapua?

Jaco

Anyone shooting 110 BA in Lapua?

Hi,

I have a friend that is seriously considering the 100 BA in .338 Lapua. However, he has been surfing around the net and seeing some no-so-favorable reviews on the accuracy.

Realizing that some things on the internet may not be true and everyone's shooting ability is different, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this gun and, if so, what kind of accuracy are you seeing?

Thanks,

-J

bodywerks

Re: Anyone shooting 110 BA in Lapua?

I have one and was having accuracy issues but it turned out that I was trying to get 100 yard accuracy out of a round that is designed for much longer ranges. The other day I took it out to about 400 against a boulder and while I did not measure the group there was just one big crater in it, about 3 inches.
    Unfortunately for me, however, uncle Sam wants more of my money so I have to let it go. Might even be stupid enough to see what my local gun shop will take it my hands off it for tomorrow.

ellobo

As has been said, this cartrdge is for long range. The bullet does not stabilize until it is out there over 100 yds. The problem is "Nutation" so called. Go back a few pages and there is a big discussion on it you may want to read. I wouldnt worry about accuracy in that rifle unless you are going to shoot shorter distances. Go back 6 pages for the info I mentioned.
    El Lobo.

bgc

I went with the 110 BA 300 Win Mag and have had very good results with accuracy.
    The brass is 34 bucks at my LGS and the projectiles are cheep. I like the idea of shooting the 338 Lapua but not the price.

Damon

im getting 1/2 groups at 200 yards with mine.i havent tried it any farther yet.