Thread: new pentax

Basic Member

new pentax

I ordered a pentax 3 x 15 x 50 mm in a 30 mm tube the other day off of the accurate shooter.com website. it will be in tomorrow. it has the motorized zoom. has anyone ever seen one? I will let you know on the progress. just wondering if anyone used pentax before.. thanx birdie

Uncle Jack

Re: new pentax

I have never used a Pentax scope, but over the years I have used many Pentax camera lenses. Pretty decent glass and the quality of the mechanics was always good.

uj

stevec

I have a pentax gameseeker on my AR and I love it. Never seen one with a motorized zoom. I will be interested in hearing how you like it.

Steve

Basic Member

I received the pentax scope today. I like it, the ooptics are pretty good, although it does carry a little extra weight. I wont be mounting it for a while, need to get some 30mm high rings. might try it for deer hunting this fall. :)

Basic Member

I get mine tomorrow. Hopefully it will be worth the techno hype...

joshco84

i have a gameseeker on a 22 of mine and they are good glass for the money. I can imagine one thats more expensive can only be better (hopefully)

Basic Member

I was hoping thundercheif would reply by now. anyway i installed the new pentax on my .270 and am waiting for a break in thi crappy weather in michigan. my freind helped me mount and bore sight it and he was impressed with the clarity. i will post a response after my rang results. thanx birdie..

Basic Member

Sorry for not posting earlier, I didn't mark the thread for updates. I got mine in, was pretty excited about getting it. The glass seems to be pretty good. The motorized zoom is pretty cool but I am not sure if I am entirely convinced by the concept. The scope is pretty heavy, and mine is a little noisy, and if the battery goes dead, how do I adjust it then? I haven't read the instructions yet, and the answer may be there, but I am kind of on the fence with the scope. I am going to try to find a home (rifle)- not ya'll's homes- for it but I don't think it will be getting much use from me. I am thinking in a pdog or target shooting situation it would be kind of fun, but can't really think of other situations where it would come handy.

I was just thinking that if you take some of the modern camera technology as far as zoom and autofocus are concerned it would be pretty cool. Wherever the crosshairs intersect in relation to the target make that the autofocus/ autozoom point might be pretty cool. Not having to worry about parallax adjustability and stuff would be great. Will that ever catch on or even have the capability to be developed in the rifle mounted sized packages we need- probably not.

lowglow

It's funny you should mention that.
    I have been doing Camera repair for a few years now, mostly Nikon, Canon, and other high ends and I recently was talking to a Nikon factory rep and we got on the subject of rifle scopes and he mentioned to me that right now, Nikon is working on the very concept you mention in a newer range finder Scope edition.

He said it was a few year out , but they are working on one, however they are trying to make it so the electronics can with stand 50 cal rifles.

It will be intresting if and when they come out with something like this, and I really like the concept of an auto focus.