Thread: egw o moa base and ring height

Lowden6

egw o moa base and ring height

this is my first post but have been around for a little while. lots of great information and great people. I bought a new 12fvss in .308 last year and i'm looking for a different scope base and ring setup. Through previous posts and doing some searching around i'm interested in the regular egw one piece 0 moa base. i would also like to use their hd rings or burris tactical but am unsure if i need medium's or high's. i'm trying to clear for a millett lrs-1 50mm. looking at the pictures on their website, it looks to me that the regular egw base is a little thicker than the hd low one piece so i may be able to get away with medium's instead of high's. I don't feel comfortable shooting with the scope sitting high atop the reciever. Anyone have feedback for a similar setup with egw 0 moa base and egw or burris tactical rings for a 50mm objective?

tbartley

Re: egw o moa base and ring height

Hey Lowden6...good to hear from ya. I've been away for quite awhile, but may be able to provide a bit of info. I have EGW 25 bases with Burris XTR lows holding a Falcon Menace (56mm objective) and a couple Millett TRS-1's on more than one rifle. There is just enough clearance to put on the BC scope cap on the objective lens. They're close, but not touching. You should have no probs with XTR mediums, if that is how you want to go. Hope this helps.

Lowden6

Re: egw o moa base and ring height

thanks for the info. my b and c tactical/varmint stock arrived today. i ordered it from stockys. i just finished installing it and it fit absolutely perfect. only work i had to do was drill a small pilot hole for the rear trigger guard screw. there was no provision for it. you can definitely feel the extra weight of that aluminum skeleton inside of the stock. I'm not so sure i want to attempt to glass bed it just yet. well it looks like the rings and bases will make a nice fit. Going to order here in a few days. I'll let ya know how it turned out.