Thread: New Savage in .270, need laminate stock

ergceo

New Savage in .270, need laminate stock

Am looking to get a new Savage in .270 Winchester and want to put a nice laminate stock on it. Am considering the 116 FCSS or FHSS. Needs to be able to work with either a floor plate or a DBM, I haven't decided yet. Can anyone direct me to a nice laminate stock that will accommodate a floor plate or DBM? I don't want to spend a fortune. All I have seen are blind mag stocks. Any help appreciated.

Doug in Missouri

ergceo

Re: New Savage in .270, need laminate stock

I've decided to go with the 116 FCSS in .270 Win. I decided upon the DBM as I tried to load the center feed internal box mag with floor plate and found it not easy to load. However, my model 10 predator hunter with DBM is easy enough to load.

I'm still looking for a laminate stock, not thumb hole, that will accommodate the DBM. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I believe that SSS will inlet any stock for the DBM bottom metal. Might wanna give them a call and ask.

I just inlet a laminate stock myself for a DBM in a model 11. I used the factory metal off of the accu-stock. It functions 100% but you just have to be carefull with the dremel tool. The mill bit makes it very easy to work through the wood. Does it look like it came from the factory? No but it does work.

Hombre0321

For a laminate stock for the Savage it is just plain hard to beat SSS, they will pretty much do what ever you want them to, and for the price of around $325.00. Now with that said there is always Richards Stocks they are wizards at 99% inletting and all that I have purchased from them the actions did in fact just drop in. Prices are pretty user friendly as well at under $200.00 for a "NON" standared stock and around $150.00 for the more commonly purchased stocks.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

RS

Wow those Richards stocks look good and cheap.

ergceo

Thanks all. I called Richard's today and they will do the inletting for the DBM, accustock Savage. I'm going to get one, not which model and color, hmm? :)

Thx again!

Hombre0321

ergceo,

Glad you found someone who would do what you want in the stock category. I have 5 of Richards stocks and like them all very much, I don't think you will regret using them. Color in a Laminated stock is a pretty personal choice. I am a very conservative guy and usually don't like real showy stuff, but two of those Richards stocks are in colors that are at the least Showy, and I wouldn't trade either of them for anything else. Take a good hard look at the "Desert Sunset" and the "Apache Gold". The make an unbelievable beatiful stock, but then again with such a color choice it's pretty hard to make a bad choice. Good Luck !!!

RS

ergceo

Thanks Hombre,

I like those colors too. But am kinda drawn to the Autumn Leaves. Conservative with just enough wow factor, would love to see it in person.

Thanks again for the info on Richards.

stevecan

I ordered a Boyds - Ross Featherweight Thumbhole for my 110 in 7mm Rem Mag. I got it in Pepper laminate but was wavering between that and Nutmeg (I'm too conservative for red, yellow, or purple.)

I haven't gotten it yet but I'll bet it wouldn't take too much work to inlet it for DBM. Though Boyd's wont do the work. It only cost me $107 delivered and its finished, but it may take some light fitting according to their site. Of course I just reread where you said you didn't want Thumbhole. Then have lots of other types.

Good luck,

Steve