Thread: Scope base for Mod:10 FCP-K

pizzabox

Scope base for Mod:10 FCP-K

Looking for the lowest, Picatinny/Weaver, one piece scope base I can find. I don't want to re-do the rings already on the scope if I can help it. Currently have medium Weaver/tactical 6 screw. The scope. already torqued and leveled in the rings is a Kahles 2.2x9x42. I'd like really good cheek weld w/o using a comb pad or a Karsten. My budget is $100 I don't need 20 deg. MOA as my max range is 400 yards.
    Any and all suggestions would be welcome

Thanks in advance

bluebu70

Re: Scope base for Mod:10 FCP-K

I don't know if this helps but the 0moa EGW HD base is about 3/8" from top of receiver to top of base. The only thing I have to compare to is the Weaver 2-piece base which is a bit lower.

[/img]

pizzabox

That's the kind of thing I was looking for:) Any accuracy or mounting issues with yours?

bluebu70

Yes. I suppose you read my post. It is going back to Savage hopefully to get a new receiver. I hope I get back by the time the weather warms up :). Is the top of your receiver parallel?

pizzabox

Actually I didn't. What was the problem?
    I think I've got the basses narrowed down to the EGW HD or the Warne fo 10 bucks more

pizzabox

Quote Originally Posted by pizzabox
    Actually I didn't. What was the problem?
    I think I've got the basses narrowed down to the EGW HD or the Warne fo 10 bucks more
    I just read it. Wow. I'd be very unhappy. If it's any consolation, I've had my M1A back to Springfield Armory 3 times before they got it right. This included, a new stock on 1 trip. A new receiver and barrel on another. And sights on another. The only new gun I've never had a problem with is a Les Baer 1911 I bought about 8 months ago. It's a lazer and it eats anything. 6000 rounds so far and not a single malfunction.