Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loading Bench Plans

Re: Loading Bench Plans

I sure like the set up that HAMMER has BUT i don't have the room he has AND after my little pluming problem i now have a clean slate in my man cave / hobby room now just have to finalize just what i want to build in to my new loading bench.
    When i finely figure out how to post pictures and i think i have will post some
    Last edited by Blue Avenger; 07-14-2012 at 11:15 PM.

oosickness

Ya i built one like this guy made but with a few changes due to the materials I had on hand.
    http://ultimatereloader.com/2010/01/...ans-available/

I love that stand, it is rock solid and great for a progressive press with lots of use.
    The main bench is made out of 1” angle iron and 1x6” and a Masonite cap and a junk drawer off an old office desk , ain't the purdyist thing on the block but works.
    sorry for the crummy cell pics

DaveSavage

Here are some pictures of my reloading bench I built in my RV. I have a 41 foot Heartland Cyclone toy hauler and it has a 12X8 foot garage in the rear. I'm a full-time RVer and I'm currently in WI. We'll be heading west through the norther boarder states in a few weeks.

I used a 2"X6"X5' board for the bench. I made it this small so that I can park my car in the garage during travel to my destinations. The brackets are attached to the aluminum frame wall with four ¼ inch screws. It’s very solid. When I'm not reloading, I remove the presses and they are stored in a protected space. I can easy attach other equipment to the bench by using C-clamps. There's plenty of room for my RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 and the Sinclair Arbor Press. It's perfect for my needs. Since these pictures were taken I painted the bench gray.

After seeing and reading about Hammer's setup, he has given me some ideas. I need to find property that's long and narrow that I can park the RV on and shoot out the back of my RV.

Basic Member

my goodness. i thought I was getting pretty eaten up with all of this stuff when I decided to build a wooden bench in my shop just for handloading. Then, i found this thread and i don't feel all so bad now. You guys have some amazing setups!

Zero

nice bench setups, im jealous

kb7kuh

Good to see other RV loaders out there! I'm currently doing the same thing. I was into Quad racing, but had to quit. Now just shooting is taking up my time.

Here's my setup,

Bench is from Cabela's and it works great! I have a Dillon Square Deal B for pistol, and my RCBS for rifle, and a Lee Load All II for shotgun.

Basic Member

Just got this room finished in my basement. Now I have my man cave and my gun room right next to each other.

Here is my setup. Thought I had a pretty sweet setup until I seen Hammers. WOW!

I can't believe how this post has taken off like it has, SO MANY different ideas on building a loading bench

Basic Member

Has anyone else tried Dr. A C Jones group and pattern software program that uses the two-dimensional Gaussian distribution for estimating pattern probabilities ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer

Has anyone else tried Dr. A C Jones group and pattern software program that uses the two-dimensional Gaussian distribution for estimating pattern probabilities ?

HUH ??? :D
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Might also be referred to as the Rayleigh distribution assuming equal variances and co-variances.

.223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

My newest bench,

Not quite finished but usable, and don't laugh at my wall paint!

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

cgeorgemo

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer

Pfft...you're still using that?

WuzYoungOnceToo
    A bit fuzzy, and taken before adding my RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center. 6' wide x 2.5' deep. I'm not much of a carpenter, so I cheated and used the "2x4 Basics" kit with pine 2x4s, a sheet of 3/4" MDF for the work surface and 1/2" MDF sheets for the shelves under the work surface. The shelving above I hobbled together out of 1/2" MDF as well...which was a mistake (MDF doesn't work and and play well with screws and nails driven/screwed in from the sides), and if they ever start to fall apart I'll rebuild them from standard plywood. When done I covered everything in a couple coats of MinWax polyurethane.

BobT, your seat looks interstion is it DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Might also be referred to as the Rayleigh distribution assuming equal variances and co-variances.

Hammer, I was thinking of mathematically projecting my pattern out of my shotgun by using the pattern from a say one choke.
    I spent a little bit of time thinking about it as I was patterning my gun for spring Turkey, I realized the pattern modeling could be just a sheer coincidence when I recalled the test a physicist did, he provided his class a picture of the surface of a planet and asked them to examine the distribution of the asteroid hits and if they see a pattern. The class did come up with a few pattern, at the end he revealed that the picture was a close up of his son’s freckled face.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Balljoint View Post
    BobT, your seat looks interstion is it DIY
    Yep, it's a 4 legged stool made from an old metal tractor seat with a foam pad. It works great so far.

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

supergolfer18
    my new bench. My other ran out of space and needed more room

remodeling some

few barrels..
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

DennisH87
    T00 Builder, those stocks are absolutely beautiful! I want to make one similar to those one of these days. I just need to get a bandsaw and a few chisels plus a whole lot of time.

Basic Member

My new setup
    volt

MikeInSC
    a few years of moving here, deployment, move there, deployment, have two kids, and change jobs have me out of the saddle with regards to hand loading. Getting back into the competitive shooting arena and just want to save a little change on ammo so digging the ole rock chucker out of storage finally. Lots of great ideas in here guys, Hammer; what exactly do you DO for a living!?

Basic Member
    This is my setup in the upstairs of the race shop amongst the piles of used up dirt bike parts and junk from the old house.

RCBS Rockchucker for sizing cases
    3 RCBS Partner presses for seating bullets so I don't have to change dies out for my 3 primary loads
    Dillon RL450 progressive for the pistol stuff
    The RCBS Trimmer comes off and a MEC 600jr goes there when I need to do 12 gauge.

Bench is built on a 2x4 basics leg kit with two sheets of 3/4" plywood on the top. Measures 4 feet by 4 feet and serves me needs fine with two shelves underneath for all the dies and tumbling media, log books, reloading manuals etc.

This is what my starting setup was. The desk is now used as a cleaning bench with storage in filing cabinet and then a couple bookshelves for bullets and misc items. No new pictures as it's nothing special but it gets me by.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast