Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loading Bench Plans

Basic Member

One example of a reloading setup...

Before the question gets asked...

No.

Cannot afford the liability of giving handloading recipe advice.

Besides, I consider a rubber mallet an essential tool in testing.

And barrels and actions are consumable goods.

Basic Member

One example of a reloading setup...

Shotgun loading and testing is done in another building.

Nearly all shotgun loading is done on Spolars.

Wife says I have to quit using vintage Parkers and L C Smiths for experimentation purposes.

The newer Merkels and Krieghoffs will hold a little more juice.

Basic Member

Re: Loading Bench Plans

Have had benchrest type loading dies and equipment since the beginning.

My first rifle was built by benchrester Fred Sinclair himself, founder of Sinclair International.

Grew up within a couple of miles of where national benchrest matches were routinely held.

Having said that, Dillon's progressive equipment will load ammunition suitable for any purpose including competition.

My goodness I love when you post those! ;D

Although I'm feeling a bit inadequate at the moment..............

Thanks Hammer it gives the rest of us something to dream about. I mean it, thanks again.

Basic Member

you have quite the setup ive never even imagined anything like that you gotta have one hell of a wife to have all the toys too all i can say is wow

Any ranch lands for sale or auction in the area you live, looks like a very good area too live BUT how much SNOW do you get during the winter and when does it start

Basic Member

... how much SNOW do you get during the winter and when does it start...

Doesn’t snow much.

The first snow starts about mid-September. Last snow melts about mid-July. August is rough sledding.

But we still put up 150 tons or more of hay each year for the livestock.

One night’s fresh snow

Typical morning for the cowboys
    Real snow removal equipment has large diesel engines and either tracks or lots of wheels.
    Sand trucks are not optional.

Sometimes have to knock a little snow away from the windows.
    Rarely have snow above the second story eves.

Basic Member

... you gotta have one **** of a wife to have all the toys too all i can say is wow...

She tolerates my habits pretty well.

On top of that, as a senior scientist and engineer in high tech stuff, she can help me with my experiments and tests.

Her excellent cooking is favored by all our overseas guests and a topic of discussion when we visit them at their homes.

She has never bought me a neck tie for Christmas or my birthday.

Currently, she favors German shotguns for presents.

Yes, she has unmarried sisters and nieces.

No, their contact information is not available.

Another habit.

Yet another habit.

there is a catch to hammers life style, he has to go to all the big city's around the country and WORK to support the cowboys he employs life style. I think the cowboys may be ahead of the game!
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member

Twelve Million frequent flyer miles earned the hard way.

Been to New York City or Washington every week this past two years. And hit the other four corners each week too. International when I cannot talk my way out of it. Was supposed to be in Tokyo and Singapore this week.

Smart cell phones and email make it more difficult to escape work.

The cowboys are all the time sharing how difficult life is.

That they'd like gentler cow ponies to break.

Couldn't I hire someone for them to supervise instead of them building fence.

Telling me they need a new rifle barrel for coyote work.

And the first generation Colt SAA 44's are getting a little worn.

Next thing they will want is a PowerPoint projector.

wait til they want taller pony's then the shetlands so there legs quite dragging through the sage

Maybe you can get some of the firearms industry to redeem a few of them miles. other company's are doing it.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Adam K

Quote Originally Posted by showgun
    ADAM:

**** thats a large Ram! Im in Central washington and I've seen some nice rams but nothing with a double curl! Good looking mounts, and reloading room!
    Well I'll admit that's the only animal I shot in a preserve. I said I wouldn't do it again because although I had fun it didn't really compare to actually getting out and doing all the work. I am planning a boar hunt now though for a bachelor party for a buddy of mine... and I need a way to test out my 338 Federal before I take it to Quebec this year for whitetail. Everything else was shot on public lands, except one of the 6pts. I took in Quebec a couple years back.

TOO Builder

Hammer,

Airplanes, reloading and appaloosas. Too much in common

If you are ever flying that Mooney over central ND you need to stop in for a visit.

Rocca

This may be a bit off topic but I have been looking for someone to adopt me. HAMMER?!?!?! TOO Builder???? I dont eat much and I'll be more than happy to help out with the load development.
    My wife and kids will probably want to come along also But I'll leave them behind if you only have room for one. ;D

slaroy

I am not looking to be adopted, but I am going to be looking for a summer job... perhaps you are in need of another cowboy Hammer?

Eric in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer

Agreed - when you think of a particular seat on a flight somewhere as "your seat" and the flight attendants think that way too (and you know their kids names) you are traveling too much. Same thing when Mary who makes breakfast at the hotel you stay in goes on and makes your order every day at the same time. Of course I like it that they save a cold beer for me from happy hour!

Tommacebb

Hammer - "August is rough sledding"

That is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer

Agreed - when you think of a particular seat on a flight somewhere as "your seat" and the flight attendants think that way too (and you know their kids names) you are traveling too much. Same thing when Mary who makes breakfast at the hotel you stay in goes on and makes your order every day at the same time. Of course I like it that they save a cold beer for me from happy hour!

LOL I was starting to feel that way about Bay Saint Paul, Quebec. I was starting to understand French enough to read menus and signs. Knew which person panhandles which door at the train station in Montreal.

Received this email with a video for loading 223 ammo, BUT the reason i post this video is how the loading bench is set up with the loading press on a movable base on the bench play the video a good video BUT look in the back ground at the moving press base VERY GOOD IDEA WHISH I HAD THOUGHT OF IT as i have the material needed too do this in my wood shop here is the web site http://ultimatereloader.com/

Rocca

That's a great idea but his base material stinks. No offense, but do you see how much that thing flexes when hes seating bullets? That would drive me nuts. I have a 1/2" piece of steel bolted to my bench and my press is mounted to that and there is ZERO flex. Of course mine isn't movable either.
    I'm sure his would be solid too if he used something less flexible than plywood.
    When I built mine though I was lucky enough to work at a place where we built machinery from large sheets of steel and there were lots of scraps and I machined it myself.

This is another way to go for someone that doesn't have much room, look this one http://www.harborfreight.com/adjusta...ion-46725.html

Aircraftmech76

Nice Mooney there Hammer...

Kevin

Here is more on the bench system i posted on http://ultimatereloader.com/2011/03/...imate-reloader check it out still wish i had thought of it

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    Thats a great idea but his base material stinks. No offence, but do you see how much that thing flexes when hes seating bullets? That would drive me nuts. I have a 1/2" piece of steel bolted to my bench and my press is mounted to that and there is ZERO flex. Of course mine isnt movable either.
    I'm sure his woudl be solid too if he used something less flexable than plywood.
    When I built mine though I was lucky enough to work at a place where we built machinery from large sheets of steel and there were lots of scraps and I machined it myself.
    I was watching the video to figure out the flex you pointed out& I *think* that the flex may be coming from the piece of angle iron at the front of the bench. really hard to tell though.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast